Trying to add a Kohls Credit Card and keep getting a CC-502 error.

Options

I have been trying to add a new Kohls Creidt Card for days now but keep getting a CC-502 error. I contacted support and was told to keep waiting. Is anyone else have trouble with their Kohls CC?

Comments

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

FWIW, it is working for me.

When I have had trouble with Kohls in the past, I would go to the Kohls credit card website and login. There was usually some extra screen that needed to be worked through to get to the statements view or they wanted to send a validation code to my email. Once I got to the statements section I logged out. Then the next time I tried in Quicken it worked.

• KevinTL
    KevinTL Member
    Options

MARKUS1957, thanks. I had already tried it but no go. Kohls requires 2FA but Quicken doesn't prompt for anything.

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

If you haven't already, deactivate Kohls from Online Services in Account Details. Then from the menu use Tools>Add Account to add Kohls. That route sometimes works better than activating in Account Details or the register.

• KevinTL
    KevinTL Member
    Options

Markus1957 Since the account be added, there is no online services to deactivate. I have been adding them thru tools. Initially, I did Kohls Credit Card but also tried Kohls. Neither of them work and they both get a CC-502. I did read a thread about a problem with Kohls and 2FA from a year ago. The thread was closed without ever saying if the problem was fixed.

• Retired Old Man
    Retired Old Man Member ✭✭
    Options
    Kohls has a new portal for accessing their credit card accounts. It is "https://credit.hohls.com/". How do we get Quicken to update or add this link to their new account setup listing?
  • clergyspouse
    clergyspouse Member
    Options

I think this is it, except for the typo. The website is now "credit.kohls.com". I tried to find a way to input the url manually, but had no luck.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How to refresh financial institution information (Branding)

Have you tried this yet?

If your bank recently changed their website or password requirements please read and follow instructions here:

For online billers please see if you can manage (remove and re-add or repair) the online biller, to see if their profile has already been updated.

If that doesn't resolve the issue:

• It is the bank's or biller's contractual obligation to notify their Quicken download service provider, Intuit Inc., of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented. Intuit needs a sufficient amount of lead time to review, change and test their programs, to adapt to the changes the bank makes.
    • The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change in a timely fashion and detail any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access after the change was introduced.
    • If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's or biller's office of the president.
    • Also contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support during posted hours of operation and report this as an Online Banking issue, so that Quicken Support can escalate this issue to Intuit Inc. Ultimately, however, the bank or biller must initiate the call and work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.

Please let us know if you were able to get this issue resolved (or not).

This discussion has been closed.