Transaction Report Categories (Q Mac)

whitepd47
whitepd47 Member ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Reports (Mac)

Whenever I create a new translation report, 'Transactions' is always included when I have not checked Transactions to be included? Any idea how to stop/correct this? Thank you

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓

On your transfers to other accounts, have you also included a category? There is a loophole in Quicken Mac whcih aows this if you enter the fields in a specific order, although the developers have said the loophole will be closed eventually. Transactions which have a transfer in the Transfer column and a Category other than the transfer will cause problems in various reports.

If that's not the issue, then let's go back to looking at your report set-up. First, what type of report is this? (In the Reports > My Reports section, does your report have a blue/purple "T" icon, or a gray icon? This indicates whehter it is built on an old-style report which has various problems I won't go into here unless it turns out to be relevant.)

In your report, when you click Edit and click on the Advanced tab, which options are selected in the Transfers section? (You can post a screenshot if you wish).

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• whitepd47
    whitepd47 Member ✭✭
    My mistake: 'Transfers' always appears- not transitions... don't know what I was thinking-
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓

On your transfers to other accounts, have you also included a category? There is a loophole in Quicken Mac whcih aows this if you enter the fields in a specific order, although the developers have said the loophole will be closed eventually. Transactions which have a transfer in the Transfer column and a Category other than the transfer will cause problems in various reports.

If that's not the issue, then let's go back to looking at your report set-up. First, what type of report is this? (In the Reports > My Reports section, does your report have a blue/purple "T" icon, or a gray icon? This indicates whehter it is built on an old-style report which has various problems I won't go into here unless it turns out to be relevant.)

In your report, when you click Edit and click on the Advanced tab, which options are selected in the Transfers section? (You can post a screenshot if you wish).

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • whitepd47
    whitepd47 Member ✭✭
    These are 'blue' transaction reports- the advance button was the key- I deselected the transfer buttons and now everything works fine. Thank you for your help-
This discussion has been closed.