Updating a Bill Reminder can update any future (but already entered) transactions

Options

I use Bill reminders extensively, with automatic entry for lots of recurring bills (loans, payments, subscriptions). I automatically enter 60 days in advance, to predict any overdrafts and for budgeting.

When a bill changes, and I have to update a Bill Reminder, could there be an option to update any future transactions that have already been entered? For example, if a monthly subscription goes from 14.99 to 17.99, I update the bill reminder and it offers/provides an option to update the two future entries already in my credit card account.

It could either update, or just delete and re-enter the transactions in the future.

Current State:
1. Change to bill comes in
2. Find and delete any future transactions in the register
3. Update the bill reminder, changing the date back to the next payment, and changing amount
4. Enter the transactions or quit/restart quicken
DONE

Future state:
1. Change of bill comes in
2. Update the bill reminder, changing the amount, and selecting a box (or dialog) that asks to update any future transactions
DONE

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Rather than entering Reminders 60 days in advance, have you tried the Show reminders in Register option?

Tos enable this, click on the gear at the top right of the account and pick "Reminders to show in register" This will show future reminders in your register, using the amount in the reminder. If you edit the reminder as you describe, the amount shown in the register will also change. The balance in the register will the amount in the Reminder.

The Reminders will show with a little clock icon in the Status column in the register. You can enable the Status column if it is not already by selecting it under Register columns in the gear menu.

QWin Premier subscription