Is r49.29 still considered staged release only?

Options
hmday
hmday Member ✭✭✭✭

Is R49.29 released to all customers or is it still in staged release?

Best Answer

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

It is now a general release….Windows R49.XX Release (US).

The Manual Patch Update (previously called the Mondo Patch) is R49.29… https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product . I prefer manually downloading and installing the Mondo Patches instead of updating my Quicken version from within Quicken. It seems to me that doing it this way is a more reliable update process introducing fewer issues. Just my opinion.

Also, I downloaded Quicken a few days ago and it is R49.29.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you! I'm always a little jumpy to be an earlier adopter of the latest update. I usually wait for them to announce when the update moves from staged release to general release. However, the announcement of a general release doesn't appear to happen consistently.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

The Release Announcements are posted by Moderators who are not engineering or quality systems people. They rely on getting prompt notification of new Releases status from others. If that notice is delayed (for whatever reason) the Release Announcement posting is also then delayed.

With regard to R49.29: The Moderator who usually posts the Release Announcements was out of the office on maternity leave. When an inquiry was made regarding the status of this version one of the other Moderators looked into it and promptly updated the status in this Community.

• imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Boatnmaniac Are you seeing the issues with paychecks and Mobile Sync that other users are experiencing with R49.29?

Win 11 - Quicken Premier - v54.16

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I don't use Mobile or Web (so I always have Mobile & Web Sync turned OFF). And I'm also retired and don't work at all anymore so I have no paychecks set up.

I've read some of the posts about the issues but because I have Sync turned OFF and I don't have any paycheck reminders it's tough for me to get insight on what might be causing the issues. I'll pipe in on one of those post threads if and when I might have something to contribute.

For how I use Quicken, I have found R49.29 to be reasonably stable and problem-free.

This discussion has been closed.