Portfolio view in Mac

K.
K. Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2023 in Investing (Mac)
Version 7.0.1 (Build 700.48728.100) - Portfolio View lets you look at holdings by Account, Asset Class, etc. You can compress it (e.g.see just the total for the asset class) or expand it (see the asset class and the individual holdings within it). Since this latest update, every time you refresh the page (a daily price update, for example), the view gets compressed to just the top line asset classes again. You need to manually click on each to expand and look at individual holdings. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a setting to fix it or is it a bug?

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

Quicken has acknowledged there's a bug with the Portfolio view collapsing like this for some users. The post said they expect a fix shortly.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • K.
    K. Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you
  • Alan Grobman
    Alan Grobman Member ✭✭✭
    Mine does the opposite - expands when I want it compressed as default
  • jacobs

Yes, in 7.0.2, the accounts are always expanded, even if you had left some/all of them compressed.

• K.
    K. Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, the fix went too far. Now everything expands automatically
  • TP999
    TP999 Member ✭✭

I absolutely hate 7.0.2 and having everything in my portfolio expanded every time I run an update or change screens.

• jacobs

@TP999 I get it, but it’s just a bug. It’s been just two days since 7.0.2 was released, and Quicken folks have said it will be fixed.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

7.0.3 is out and it fixes this.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

This discussion has been closed.