issues with USAA

Options
demhood
demhood Member ✭✭

i know there was a different thing that came out with USAA, and I did all that, and I believe i did it right, but now when i am downloading from USAA, there are charges that come through twice and my balance is never correct. Is there some way that I can check that i did the above process right to connect the new way?

Answers

• demhood
    demhood Member ✭✭
    Options

I am trying to figure if it's worth renewing if I cannot get it to work right.

• cobbersmom
    cobbersmom Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same issue. Quicken is giving me the little red pencil saying not yet matched to transaction but it is a transaction from OCTOBER. I balance my accounts monthly and download almost daily. Spoke with Quicken and they said they are working on the solution but I can't know what my accounts are doing until they get this fixed
  • demhood
    demhood Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

yeah, it is definitely a pain. I have to renew next week. [Removed- Third Party Reference], but that gave me a headache. I am hoping something gets fixed soon. Right now when it does the reconciling, it is reconciling stuff that is pending and hasn't cleared the bank yet. Then if you do that in the register, later it will put that exact same amount in AGAIN. I have been with Quicken FOREVER and know how to use it, and I don't want to have to learn something new. Right now, I am having to do a lot of math to figure out the correct amount, and that is hurting the brain. LOL

• Steven Horn
    Steven Horn Member
    Options

POC this is taking too long for Quicken to resolve! Almost $100/year for this headache. One step update locks up program. It seems USAA and Quicken need to get this fixed. Multiyear user ready to tell Quicken to move faster with fix.

• Corey J
    Corey J Member ✭✭
    Options
    For about 2 months, ever since USAA required a different connection method, I've had numerous issues reconciling accounts. I'm finding the following nearly every time I download new transactions: 1. Some entries in my quicken ledger of previously reconciled transactions are entered twice (duplicated) and show to be reconciled on both lines. This makes my reconcile not balance. I have to manually delete the extra transaction. 2. Quicken is reconciling to the current USAA balance that includes pending transactions. However, USAA is not returning those pending transactions. Therefore, it doesn't balance. 3. Some old transactions are disappearing and causing the reconcile not to balance. I have to find that transaction on my bank side and re-enter it. Sometimes the transaction that disappeared is over two years old.
  • demhood
    demhood Member ✭✭
    Options

That is exactly what has been happening with me, but I don't know about number 3. That could be the reason why I am so far off from the balance the bank has. BUT 2 YEARS, that is a lot to have to worry about going through. I just wish it would all get settled, because I need to renew next week, but why would I renew if it is not working right. I have been trying to find other programs to use, and I guess I will keep searching because it doesn't seem like this is ever going to get fixed.

• E_H
    E_H Member
    Options

I'm having issues reconciling USAA too. Pending tranactions are being incorporated into Quicken to reconcile but the pending may not be the final transaction amount, ex: if you paid a tip. Very difficult to reconcile and this simply is not working. I'm not sure if this started when the connection to USAA changed or when Quicken pushed out it's most current update.

• Edward
    Edward Member ✭✭
    Options
    Count me in on this problem too. I'm finding that years old transactions are showing up in the reconcile screen. A simple balance adjust does no good as the next time, the reconciliation will fail with more ancient transactions showing. This has been an ongoing problem for the last month at least. Prior to this series of problems USAA would reconcile.
  • Brett97
    Brett97 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have reported this myself several times for the last year at least. Quicken and USAA just point the finger at each other and never do anything. It should be an easy software fix. The online balance reported includes pending transactions but the details do not have the pending transactions or quicken is not using them to give the correct balance.
  • LouieD14
    LouieD14 Member ✭✭
    Options

Just contacted USAA and Quicken again today. They seem to be not aware, don't care or at best there is no POC for this issue—frustrating!

• demhood
    demhood Member ✭✭
    Options

Well, quicken lost me as a paying customer.

• Hank Bates
    Hank Bates Member ✭✭
    Options
    The fix came way too late, I closed all my USAA bank accounts.
    After 60 years with them I just have had enough.
  • demhood
    demhood Member ✭✭
    Options

was there actually a fix?

• Edward
    Edward Member ✭✭
    Options
    Please tell me that there IS a fix. Until I reauthorized my checking account always reconciled. Now it doesn't. What's really curious is that my savings account isn't affected, only the checking account.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Edward
    Edward Member ✭✭
    Options
    What logs do you want? Will my personal data be concealed? How do I produce the logs?
  • demhood
    demhood Member ✭✭
    Options

well, now that i let my membership expired, i probably can't even do the submission any more.

• Stan W
    Stan W Member
    Options

I attempted to work with Quicken today who says USAA has the problem. I went to USAA and of course, they say Quicken is the problem. I have been able to make my EWC+ updates and connections, but when it comes time for Quicken to process the data, Quicken freezes. I have to believe the problem is on Quicken's plate, USAA says I have a good connection and proper authorization.

• Edward
    Edward Member ✭✭
    Options
    This is insane.
This discussion has been closed.