How can I create a single report that groups income and expenses for each of our rental properties?

Decko34
Decko34 Member ✭✭
edited June 2023 in Reports (Windows)

As you can see in the attached PDF, the income for each of our properties (which I have simply numbered 1-8) is all displayed together on the top half of the report. And then the expenses for each of them are displayed

together in the bottom half. Is there a way for me to change this report or create another one like it so that it will show the income and expenses for property 1 grouped together at the top, and then the income and expenses for property 2 grouped together right below it, and so on for each of them? My goal here is to simply see what the profit was for each individual property each month in one report. Thank you!

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

It is hard to tell from your attachment how you have the properties set up in Quicken, but normally you would have a Tag for each property.

If that is the case, you should be able to use the Banking > Cash flow by Tag report to show the income and expenses for one month or any other time period you choose, with a column for each property.

If you must have the income and expenses broken out by month as in your example, you could create a separate report for each property or export your example report to Excel and manipulate the data there.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Decko34
    Decko34 Member ✭✭

Jim, thank you for your response! I am not currently using tags. Instead, I have a category set up for each property. And then subcategories for each of the types of expenses pertaining to each property. Is there any way to create the type of report I spoke about in my original post with the way I currently have it all set up?

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

Sorry, I don't know of a way to make a single report in Quicken like the one you describe unless you use a Tag for each property. You could make a separate report for each property, export the data to Excel, and combine the data there.

You may find this Help topic useful.

https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3217038

I often find that it is easier to do things in Quicken if you use it the way the designers intended.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Decko34
    Decko34 Member ✭✭
    > @Jim_Harman said:
    > Sorry, I don't know of a way to make a single report in Quicken like the one you describe unless you use a Tag for each property. You could make a separate report for each property, export the data to Excel, and combine the data there.
    >
    > You may find this Help topic useful.
    >
    >
    >
    > I often find that it is easier to do things in Quicken if you use it the way the designers intended.

Ok, thanks for your help!
This discussion has been closed.