Is anyone having AMEX online bill pay issues?

Options
I've got three accounts with AMEX. Previously each account reflected payment due date/amount due, and I could pay using the online process.

After executing one-step updates recently, all three accounts are reflecting the same amount due and indicate I can only pay via check.

Since the AMEX accounts reflect the incorrect information I deleted the accounts, then using the Bills & Income Add Account option. This resulted in a "Fix It" action.

Does anyone know how to get the AMEX added correctly to online bills?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

When Amex transitioned from the EWC to EWC+ connection method the ability to use Quicken Bill Manager's QuickPay was lost. This is not an issue unique to Amex. It affects all banks that have transitioned to EWC+. Quicken has said they are working to identify and implement a means to be able to offer QuickPay, again, but there is no timeline for when that might happen.

For now, the only method for paying bills with Bill Manager is CheckPay (print and mail checks).

Other options include:

1. Logging into your online checking account and using the bank's bill pay service to pay your bills. Banks will generally select the most efficient method they have available.
    2. Logging into your billers' online accounts and setting up a payment schedule there where they will pull the payment directly from your payment account.
    3. Revert to writing or printing out and mailing checks.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

When Amex transitioned from the EWC to EWC+ connection method the ability to use Quicken Bill Manager's QuickPay was lost. This is not an issue unique to Amex. It affects all banks that have transitioned to EWC+. Quicken has said they are working to identify and implement a means to be able to offer QuickPay, again, but there is no timeline for when that might happen.

For now, the only method for paying bills with Bill Manager is CheckPay (print and mail checks).

Other options include:

1. Logging into your online checking account and using the bank's bill pay service to pay your bills. Banks will generally select the most efficient method they have available.
    2. Logging into your billers' online accounts and setting up a payment schedule there where they will pull the payment directly from your payment account.
    3. Revert to writing or printing out and mailing checks.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.