Navy Federal Credit Union Multi Factor Authorization Email Option No Longer Working

Options
I have used Quicken's one step update to update transactions at my financial institution Navy Federal Credit Union for many years. NFCU requires a verification code be entered into Quicken before allowing account access. Quicken provides options of email or text to send me the code and I have normally used the email option out of convenience. Last week, the email option stopped working - the email with the code never arrives and Quicken waits at the code entry screen forever until I cancel the one step update. If I use the text option to receive the NFCU code, the one step update works properly. Please advise if the email option has been eliminated or determine if there is a problem with Quicken and correct it. Thank you.

Comments

• LizP
    LizP Member ✭✭
    Options
    I too have the same issue. It started at least a week ago. I tried entering any 6 digit random number when I did not receive the emailed code, and to my surprise the random code is accepted every time! That absolutely should not be the case.
  • Ted D
    Ted D Member ✭✭
    Options

+1 email option stopped working sometime in the last week.

• Bill4k
    Bill4k Member
    Options

Same issue here.

• LizP
    LizP Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just spent 20 minutes chatting with a Quicken rep. They are saying the issue must be with NFCU because "The security verification process is on the side of the bank." I disagreed repeatedly, providing examples of how MFA is working for all other means of logging into NFCU OTHER than Quicken, but was unable to get any traction toward escalation of this issue. They suggested creating a test file, adding NFCU account and seeing if issue persists. I will do so after work today. If issue persists I am to call Quicken support.
  • jmclagan
    jmclagan Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I have had the same issue with NFCU for weeks now. I have a user id connected to my personal accounts and although it says my accounts are connected, I don't get any transactions downloaded, although there are new transactions to download. I only get asked for the MFA once each day now. I spoke with NFCU web support and they confirmed that you are supposed to get the MFA prompt each and every time you connect, which this is the behavior that has always happened in the past when the connection worked properly. However, the rep just argued with me that this is not how it works and blamed the bank if the transactions weren't being downloaded.

I also have a business user id that I am completely unable to connect with. I wasted quite a long time on the phone with a very rude representative from Quicken Support telling me that all the fault lies with the bank constantly changing their servers. Which in speaking with web support, they stated that they are not currently making any changes to the way third party applications connect and download. So Quicken Support just seems to consist of blaming the financial institution instead of actually doing troubleshooting.

[Removed - True complaints about support experiences are not allowed on this platform]

Creating the test file and attempting to connect Quicken to NFCU yields the same results. Thus proving this is not an issue with my data file that has been Validated and Super Validated many times. I took further steps to remove the financial institutions fidir.ini, fidirsettings.ini and fiblueprint.xml as this has been a troubleshooting step with more knowledgeable representatives in the past. Unfortunately, this does not fix the situation either.

[Removed - True complaints about support experiences are not allowed on this platform]
  • DaveW in NS
    DaveW in NS Member
    Options

I have had the exact same problem for 8 days running now. Spent time on the phone with NFCU tech support and they swear that nothing is wrong on their end and that it must be an issue with Quicken prompting for the 2FA email.

• ChocolateGirlRich
    ChocolateGirlRich Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue with NFCU.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• LizP
    LizP Member ✭✭
    Options
    Submitted a problem report with log files and a sanitized data file. There is nothing to screenshot since the issue is that MFA codes are not being sent.
  • jmclagan
    jmclagan Member ✭✭
    Options
    Awww, isn't that cute. If you complain about customer service, they remove your comments. Well at least that something Quicken knows how to take care of.
  • ChocolateGirlRich
    ChocolateGirlRich Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ive also submitted a problem report.
  • Joe Klevorn
    Joe Klevorn Member ✭✭
    Options
    I submitted a problem report too with log files. Quicken wouldn't let me send a sanitized data file, I think because of the 200MB file size limit. I can also confirm that entering any 6 digits at the Quicken MFA screen allows NFCU account access when using the text option!
  • LizP
    LizP Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who is helping escalate this issue! After my second exchange with Support yesterday I think we have some traction. :)
  • LizP
    LizP Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Jasmine - How about an update please. Thank you.
  • joecg
    joecg Member ✭✭✭
    Options

We have two Navy accounts. Both had this problem with email MFA OTP never being delivered. Both started working again today.

• LizP
    LizP Member ✭✭
    Options
    Whoo hooo! Just checked my 5 accounts with email MFA and all worked. Looks like its fixed. :)
  • Joe Klevorn
    Joe Klevorn Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ditto! Just checked my NFCU accounts and the email MFA method worked! Thank you to the Quicken team for correcting this and thank you to the Quicken community for commenting in support of correcting this issue!
  • jmclagan
    jmclagan Member ✭✭
    Options
    It's interesting that its fixed for some and not for others. Another thread, Quicken acknowledges its an issue on their side and don't have an ETA on a fix.
This discussion has been closed.