One Step Update frozen again

Options
twsf
twsf Member ✭✭✭
One Step Update is not working - clear problems at the Quicken server. One bank account updates fine but the other bank and credit card accounts are on endless "Waiting..." PLEASE, Quicken, set your program to time-out in a reasonable amount of time, so we can use the program and do other work while we wait for you to fix your servers and financial institute connections, instead of requiring that we hard reboot the program.

Comments

• fda2f6fc
    fda2f6fc Member ✭✭
    Options
    One-Step Update worked for me after I went into Update Settings and turned off "Bill updates" and "Quotes". Bill updates have never worked well anyway so I will probably leave that unchecked for the future.
  • twsf
    twsf Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    This is intermittent behavior - One Step Update usually works for me, including quotes. The problem is Quicken - they need to update their program so it times out rather than freezing indefinitely (as has been reported and complained about many times in these forums).
  • twsf
    twsf Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    And @Quicken, the account that updates properly is the one where I need to enter the password, whereas the accounts that are frozen are the ones where the credential is stored and doesn't get added to the password vault or need to be manually entered each time. Please fix this.
  • miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I am seeing that hanging also in multiple files.

I have notified Quicken of a server problem

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this issue.

Our teams are aware of this issue with One Step Update hanging and are working to resolve it. In the meantime, we advise waiting and trying again in a few hours.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• twsf
    twsf Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Anja - Thanks. And PLEASE tell your engineers to also fix the basic program so it times out properly, instead of requiring a ctrl-alt-delete hard exit. This is such sloppy coding.
  • LM02
    LM02 Member ✭✭
    Options
    adding another voice of grievance. updated brokers, but no credit card or banks...
  • Mike Casillas
    Mike Casillas Member ✭✭
    Options
    add one more to the list of people affected by this. I am really starting to get fed up with Quicken...
  • waylord Hamrock
    waylord Hamrock Member ✭✭
    Options
    same problem - guess I'll go to task manager and close the program. Hope this doesn't corrupt the data file.
  • jander
    jander Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

Another longtime user watching the frozen update screen. [Removed - Rant] One-step Update has gotten slower and slower in past weeks and has now ground to a halt. Fix this recurring problem!

• sbkats
    sbkats Member
    Options

Why can't they proactively notify customers that there is an issue or outage,. Been dealing with this for the past week or so trying to figure out what's wrong.

• twsf
    twsf Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @Quicken Anja PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell your engineers that the problems are only with accounts that use your new "no need to send password/credentials each time" system. LOOOONG lag/processing times even when it's working properly. This is an obvious problem with Quicken's servers and communications, and it's just not acceptable performance when you're charging us a lot of money every year to use your online service.
This discussion has been closed.