One Step Update Summary Missing Data

Options
Marv Weisberg
Marv Weisberg Member ✭✭✭
One Step Update appears to be working properly (updating 11 bank and credit card accounts) but the Summary only shows 4 having been updated.

Best Answers

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The behavior you describe is typical of a corrupted runtime.dat file. Review this thread for solutions.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree that it does sound like a corrupted runtime.dat file issue. But I'm also embarrassed to see that my post referenced by @markus1957 has an error in it that I did not notice and correct earlier:

• #5 says to "Open Add Account…." but it should say "Open Account List…."

I hope anyone trying to use this "fix" process was able to figure out for themself the error and that it did not sideline anyone.

I have asked a Moderator to correct this since the thread is now closed and I can no longer do that myself.

UPDATE: A moderator did complete the correction in the linked post and it is also now corrected in this thread.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Marv Weisberg
    Marv Weisberg Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Deleting runtime.dat and then running osu seems to have resolved the summary issue.

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

sometimes the Summary screen doesn't show some of the Accounts actually downloaded.

You can try UN-clicking the [x] at the bottom for the … [ ] Show just the Last Update

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Marv Weisberg
    Marv Weisberg Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    The box is not clicked. The summary has always been correct for many years (since I converted from Quicken for DOS. This behavior just started occurring earlier this week.
  • Marv Weisberg
    Marv Weisberg Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello???
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

take a look at each Quicken Account - and note the download protocol..

Direct Connect - Express Web Connect - Express Web Connect +

Sometimes OSU Summary shows the last set of results by protocol “batch” … so some appear, and some don’t-

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Marv Weisberg
    Marv Weisberg Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Doesn't seem to be consistent by protocol. Some that show up are direct connect, others are express web connect. Same thing with the ones that don't show up.
  • whodiini
    whodiini Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I have the same issue. First here is a recommendation that I unfortunately did not follow. Before every update look and see what changed. If there are a lot of new additions, don’t update because quicken QC is awful. Wait for several more updates to fix what they broke,

if you do not get a summary with the updates, it’s because it’s not updating correctly. For me, one step update would finish with no errors but also missing summaries. It was not actually updating correctly. I had to go to each account, do a reset and only then would it update correctly. Also, once it updates, several accounts were missing entries.

This latest quicken update is a mess. The last several updates were fine.

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

The behavior you describe is typical of a corrupted runtime.dat file. Review this thread for solutions.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree that it does sound like a corrupted runtime.dat file issue. But I'm also embarrassed to see that my post referenced by @markus1957 has an error in it that I did not notice and correct earlier:

• #5 says to "Open Add Account…." but it should say "Open Account List…."

I hope anyone trying to use this "fix" process was able to figure out for themself the error and that it did not sideline anyone.

I have asked a Moderator to correct this since the thread is now closed and I can no longer do that myself.

UPDATE: A moderator did complete the correction in the linked post and it is also now corrected in this thread.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Marv Weisberg
    Marv Weisberg Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Deleting runtime.dat and then running osu seems to have resolved the summary issue.
  • whodiini
    Options

strange. I searched for runtime.dat and it didnt find any file with that name. Where is it normally located? Thanks

• whodiini
    Options

works like you said. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.