Problem setting up and using Xfinity as Online Biller

Options

I see several xfinity/comcast discussions that are closed, but I am still having trouble.

I add the bill into Quicken i.e. providing my xfinity username and password. I receive the still connecting to xfinity message. xfinity even sends me a text with the verification code. However, Quicken never asks for that verification code.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @bartman21,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community.

My internal systems are currently showing the Xfinity biller as degraded, meaning that there is an error occurring within the servers. My teams are aware of the issue and working towards a fix, however, there is no current ETA.

I do apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• bartman21
    bartman21 Member
    Options

It's still not working. How many weeks is this going to take to fix? Xfinity, Verizon Wireless, and Capital One are not working, This is getting really frustrating as reflects really poor on Quicken as a product.

• Wayne Tylka
    Wayne Tylka Member ✭✭
    Options
    Xfinity, Nicor, and ComEd are all not working.
  • Bione
    Bione Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Consumer Cellular, Lifelock, and HP Instant Ink are also still not working besides the above. I have as many not working as are.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please consider

• virbert
    virbert Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine,

Is there an update on the Xfinity biller status? It is permanently stuck in the "Fix it" state for me.

Quicken Premier R54.16 Windows 10 Pro USA

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @virbert,

Thank you for reaching back out.

The Xfinity biller is now showing a status of healthy, I suggest you try to Review and Repair Online billers. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). After that, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Review and Repair > Review and Repair Online Billers in the dropdown menu.

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes! 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• virbert
    virbert Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine,

Thank you for your help. It turns out to be my mistake. I was choosing XFINITY as the biller which was wrong. I needed to choose Comcast.

Quicken Premier R54.16 Windows 10 Pro USA

• Rich Ard
    Rich Ard Member ✭✭
    Options
    All of my online bills stopped working a year ago...a few times i have spent a few ours at a time trying to re-set them back up...EVERY ONE will not connect after the connection has been set up..it says to wait 2 days....i've waited weeks on some and the same message shows up. I'd assume starting from scratch several times with the same results means the online biller section of the program is and has been broken for close to the entire year. It takes a long time setting up all of the billers let alone waiting 2 or more days or weeks to just have the same message and window pop up. At this point i really wish there was an alternative to the program, online billing as one of the main selling points when i got the program years ago.
  • Rich Ard
    Rich Ard Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have chosen both Xfinity AND Comcast as the biller...both produce the same result....the difference is Xfinity asks to verify my cell number to send a code (which it promptly jumps to the 2 day connection wait) and the other has me select to get the verification code (which promptly jumps to the 2 day connection wait. Setting it up as Comcast shows the biller as Xfinity.
  • Rich Ard
    Rich Ard Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options
    And now after this, ALL of my bills when i click fix it give an "Unable to update billers" window
This discussion has been closed.