Quicken becomes unresponsive - Quicken Status Update displays

Options
2»

Comments

• mikebgoblue
    mikebgoblue Member
    Options

hi everyone. I agree with Bill and Walter. I spent an hour on phone with quicken support and they sent me to the same link provided above to revert back to version 50.8. I had to also download and open the file to reinstall the prior version but now everything is working again. He did say he has heard of others with this issue and made a note of it on my account so lets all hope Quicken figures this out and fixes the latest version. Good luck

• billr
    billr Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks to @rotygolf and others for the help to revert to a prior version. R50.8 is working for me. When Quicken support says they "have heard of others" with this issue, would it not be "everyone"? I think everyone who has updated to R50.13 would be affected. They need to do more than make a note—they need to send a new release that corrects everything. Even then, I would be leery of installing it.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this. We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• rpsandmeyerjr
    rpsandmeyerjr Member ✭✭
    Options

Reinstalled older mondo patch 49.33 and problem went away. So must be related to latest mondo patch 50.13 as after that install is when my issue started. UGH!!!!!

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello again,

We have created a Community Alert for this issue. Please refer to this link to review the Alert and follow for any and all available information and updates as they become available.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• algee99
    algee99 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem here. I'll try downgrading to the previous version.

• algee99
    algee99 Member ✭✭
    Options

Downloaded 50.5 mondo from this url: https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-subscription-patches.html

Opened my data file and clicked on an investment account. The Quicken Update Status windows pops up, updates and then closes (like you'd expect)!

Everything seems to be fine on the previous release.

• walter bender
    walter bender Member ✭✭✭
    Options

quicken Anja wants us to do their work for them. Personally, I wasted enough time already.

• Knitgirl
    Knitgirl Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken Anja - Based on the suggestions posted before your comment, I had reverted to 50.8, and the problem did not occur.

I would assume that you would want me to re-install 50.13 before taking the steps you outlined, so - I did, and am once again running R50.13. However, the problem is no longer occurring. I have done updates on both my bank accounts and brokerage accounts but at this time, there are no new transactions. I am not currently experiencing the problem. If tomorrow, it re-occurs, then I will do the problem report.

• GaryPRussell
    GaryPRussell Member ✭✭
    Options

Running the OSU before opening an investment account worked for me.

• bmvaughn
    bmvaughn Member ✭✭
    Options

No ETA is pretty surprising, I would think this would be an immediate rollback that you would push as an immediate patch. If it's breaking so many customers.

• Terry R
    Terry R Member ✭✭
    Options

I tried to download the 50.5 and 49.33 patches and when i run I get this and it doesnt update

What am I doing wrong?

• sed9999
    sed9999 Member ✭✭
    Options

Seeing the same issue as of today as well.

• Terry R
    Terry R Member ✭✭
    Options

Sorry - this is more pertinent.

Very frustraiting that OSU no longer works…

• bmvaughn
    bmvaughn Member ✭✭
    Options
  • GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

No issues so far. 🤞

• Knitgirl
    Knitgirl Member ✭✭✭
    Options

New Info: The morning of 6/22 (Eastern Time), I received notification there was an update available (R50.14). The update information specifically mentions it is fixing this problem. So, I updated to R50.14. I was able to successfully download new transactions from both my bank and brokerage accounts and there was no issue presented.

I will likely close this discussion later today. Thanks all.

• flhamer
    flhamer Member
    Options

When is this problem going to be fixed? The "Quicken Update Status" appears as soon as Quicken starts. While it says "connecting" I am unable to use the software. I check my expenses daily. This has been going on for over a week,

• flhamer
    flhamer Member
    Options

When I try to use a patch I get an error message.

• LynetteD
    LynetteD Member
    Options

There was an update Friday that solved this issue for me. Please make sure you have the latest update - R50.14. It is saying one more update since then that has to do with auto reminder R50.15 that I have not done yet. 14 solved the issue you are describing.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, please start a new separate discussion and tell us more about this error message.

This discussion has been closed.