the accounts hide and unhide from networth, blances etc also hides from account bar on left

JKQUESTIONS
JKQUESTIONS Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I don't

want it hidden from account bar on the left if I hide from the balances

the hide from account bar is not checked but the from balances is

is this a bug or some sort of linked feature

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, it is not clear to me what you want to accomplish here.

The Keep this account Separate option is for accounts that you want to exclude by default from your net worth, reports, and other Quicken tools. The account is moved to the Separate section at the bottom of the account bar. You can customize reports to include Separate accounts if you want.

The "Hide account name in account bar and account list" option moves the account to the More Accounts sections of the Account bar. It is typically used for accounts that are currently empty. Despite what the caption says, it does not remove the account from account selection lists such as the list of accounts in the report customization.

QWin Premier subscription
  • JKQUESTIONS

I want it to hide and not include in net worth but it also hides from account bar and I can't find it unless I turn it off. I do not check hide from account bar so it should leave it and show it exactlly where it was

• JKQUESTIONS

Trying

I then found it in Others. I use Quicken for my whole family so putting the kids accounts into other is nice so it does not include in my net worth etc but you should be able to have sections that you can customize like kids etc. and it was not intuitive to scroll off screen to find the other accounts I was looking in the drop down of more accounts and expecting to find it there

• JKQUESTIONS

I then found it in Others. I use Quicken for my whole family so putting the kids accounts into other is nice so it does not include in my net worth etc but you should be able to have sections that you can customize like kids etc. and it was not intuitive to scroll off screen to find the other accounts I was looking in the drop down of more accounts and expecting to find it there

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

OK, you found the Separate accounts in the Separate section of the Account bar.

Unfortunately there is no way to customize the Account bar sections.

If you file separate tax returns for the kids, you may want to set up separate Quicken data files for them rather than marking their accounts as Separate. That way Quicken's Tax planner will just see their accounts.

QWin Premier subscription
  • JKQUESTIONS

I dont want to have seperate quicken files. I keep quicken open all day long and I dont want to switch back and forth. if quicken could open multiple files at once and have in tabbed windows now that would be a good feature

This discussion has been closed.