Quicken changing payee names to N/A

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Why is Quicken changing payee names to N/A?.

Comments

• Moirty
    Moirty Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have this same problem. N/A showing up all over various acounts and transactions. I'm not seeing a resolution here other than to restore a back-up. I actually did this and my subsequent download simply inserted a bunch of new N/As. Quicken seems to have a problem that is affecting at least a few of us. I suspect it has something to do with bank syncs (like others mentioned, I do not do the Quicken cloud sync).

Although perhaps not related, Quicken is definitely crashing more frequently in the last month or so. Very annoying.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Moirty,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Did you follow all the troubleshooting steps from the older thread you originally posted on, or did you just try restoring a backup? When did you first notice the issue? When you restored from the backup, were all the N/A entries gone until you downloaded transactions from your financial institution(s)? Are these entries affecting all your accounts, or only some? Which financial institution(s) is affected?

Did the issue you mentioned with crashing start around the same time? If not, when did it start? How often does it happen? Is there anything that seems to trigger Quicken to crash?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @ColFrankFitz,

Thank you for joining the discussion. If you haven't done so already, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Validate is not able to change an "N/A" payee name or account name back to what it should have been. You have to fix those yourself, but the best solution, IMHO, is to restore from a backup and then, before doing anything else, run both Validate and Supervalidate on the freshly restored data file.
    Neither of these validations may be able to fix a thoroughly broken data file, however.

• swimraft
    swimraft Member ✭✭
    Options

Most of my Payees had changed to N/A, and my memorized Payee List was empty. I had left my Quicken program (Windows Home and Business R51.12 27.1.51.12) open for roughly 24 hrs prior to noticing the problem. I closed Quicken and restarted it and the Memorized Payees were restored, and the Payees in each account had reverted back to - what appears to be - the correct value.

This discussion has been closed.