Paycheck amount WRONG in Calendar & Reminders

Options
Patrick Larkin
Patrick Larkin Member ✭✭

I have a paycheck set up for quite some time, and it worked for a long time. It still "works", in as much as all my deductions and deposits are correct when I click Enter from the reminders list.

But somewhere along the line, the net amount on upcoming deposits shown on the Reminders and on the Calendar is incorrect. Negative -$154. The calendar is configured to show only my checking account. As a result, it consistently forecasts a shortfall because instead of a positive deposit, it shows that negative $154. I don't understand where they come up with this value.

What's going on?

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Patrick Larkin,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did this issue first start? Do you recall which version of Quicken you were using when it started? Was there anything that happened just before the issue started, such as a power surge, power outage, update, unexpected program or computer shutdown, etc?  Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? 

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Q97
    Q97 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is what I did to resolve a similar issue.

For the paycheck, choose the option to edit the current instance and all future ones. When the paycheck dialog opens, click ok to close it without changing anything. Did that fix the upcoming reminder amounts? If it did, turn off mobile sync completely or just stop syncing the checking account that contains the paycheck. Then try a One Step Update. Are the reminder amounts still correct?

• Patrick Larkin
    Patrick Larkin Member ✭✭
    Options

Opening and saving without changes fixed it for a time.

Then, I went to OneStep Update, unchecked "Cloud" and updated. The amount got worse (now -$1400 vs -$154). Repeated open and save of the reminder, and the amount was fixed. Next I went into "Manage" accounts to mobile sync, unchecked the checking account, and did a mobile sync. Amount remained correct, so I did a one-step update with Cloud sync on, and the amount stayed correct.

Went back to "Manage accounts" to cloud sync, re-enabled checking account, and synced (took quite a while)… amount remained correct. One more "One-Step" update and again amount remained correct.

@Q97, I think you solved it! Thanks!!

This discussion has been closed.