Fix for the Discover Bank Error?

Options
Marco Mike
Marco Mike Member ✭✭

As of 07/21/2023 still unable to connect to Discover Bank to d/l account data to Quicken. Any update on this situation?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Marco Mike,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question, though we apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Marco Mike,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question, though we apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Stephrt
    Stephrt Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

This has been going on for over a month. [Removed - Speculation]

• Marco Mike
    Marco Mike Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

[Removed - Rant/Disruptive]

• EddieG1985
    EddieG1985 Member
    Options

How long until this is addressed? It has been over a month since I have been able to download my Discover transactions. This essentially nullifies the reason I use Quicken (and have been since the 1990's)!

• Marco Mike
    Marco Mike Member ✭✭
    Options

I agree with your comments, althought I'm sure they will be removed as a Rant/Disruptive!

• rnoia
    rnoia Member ✭✭
    Options

I just contact Discover card and the agent's response was, "We understand the frustration you have, but QUICKEN has discontinued the downloading, not Discover so you will have to contact them".

I asked the agent to file a complaint because if they know there's a problem, the least they could do would provide Quicken-format transaction downloads, which they don't.

• Tofumaker
    Tofumaker Member ✭✭
    Options

Not again! Just when I had all my accounts downloading smoothly. I'd asked for an approximate time frame to get a fix but….

• Kennett
    Kennett Member ✭✭
    Options

we need a response from Quicken, other than to say it is a known issue that has been escalated. This has been problematic for many months. Please provide us with a projected timeline for resolution. Thanks in advance.

• Marco Mike
    Marco Mike Member ✭✭
    Options

While I have been a long time Quicken user, started using back when Quicken was on CD ROM, this Discover Bank issue is extremely frustrating. It has caused me to search for viable alternatives to Quicken, of which there are not many! Paying for an annual subscription to Quicken & then having to enter my monthly data doesn't make much sense. I would also like to have an ETA on the fix! Again, post will probably be removed as a Rant/Disruptive, but it is my opinion!

Marco Mike

• Frank M
    Frank M Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

We are halfway through August and still no fix and no sensible response. Maybe Quicken has to take a step back and stop trying to "improve" Quicken and just fix the existing complaints first. [Edited - Readability]

• JLTC
    JLTC Member
    Options

Totally agree! This problem just began for me last weekend. It's a showstopper as Discover is our primary card. I've used Quicken for over 20 years. When I see how long (since May!) this has been an issue with no progress or satisfactory explanation, I will start looking for alternatives.

• Martin23
    Martin23 Member
    Options

I agree with the comment above that Quicken needs to put a hold on improving the product design and first take care of known issues. I first started having issues 6/2/2023 with Discover Bank downloads. Discover card downloads good as well as Discover Bank accounts I opened prior to 6/2/2023. Any Discover Bank accounts I opened 6/2/2023 or later will download and I get an error message. This should not be that difficult of issue to resolve, just look at the code of the accounts that work and duplicate for the new accounts. After numerous contacts I asked the last tech to escalate my issue to his supervisor. The supervisor says there is nothing they can do at this time and have no ETA. He was not very concerned and would not escalate to his manager/director. This waste a lot of time having to manually enter. I will not renew software update if this does not get resolved.

• 3LittleBirds
    Options

This is so frustrating - particularly as Discover is our primary card as well. This is likely the final straw for our continued use of Quicken if not resolved by the end of summer as it makes it pointless for our needs.

Would LOVE to hear if any news on this?

• Robert Gerstle
    Robert Gerstle Member ✭✭
    Options

Problem started with an updare after my 6/31/23 reconciliation… and a subsequent Quicken version update.

It has still not been resolved. Initially I got a message that there was a Javascript error with Quicken, but after inactivating the account and attempting to reactivate it, Quicken just wouldn't connect to Discover Bank.

This is almost 2 months without resolution of the issue. I've called Quicken for help multiple times… 😫

• Robert Gerstle
    Robert Gerstle Member ✭✭
    Options

Can I revert back to a version of Quicken prior to 6/31/23? If so how would I do it?

This discussion has been closed.