Have been getting recurring issues with downloading from financial institutions

Options
marksturn
marksturn Member ✭✭

This has occurred multiple times with different financial institutions. Usually others work and one or two are problematic. The error messege says "Quicken is unable to establish an internet connection". However, other downloads work just fine. Reading the discussions posts it seems others are seeing similar issues, but Quicken has yet to issue a patch or succinct repair. Currently I get an "error" messege trying to download from Wells Fargo. I also get a messege saying no internet when trying to access Discover. Have no problems getting to Vanguard, Chase, or Capital One. This is a Quicken issue, not an internet issue. [Edited - Readability]

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @marksturn,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Are you encountering this issue in Quicken on the Web, or in your desktop program? How long has this issue been going on for? Do you use a VPN, proxy, and/or anti-virus? Which Windows Operating System do you use (Windows 10, Windows 11, etc)? Is it the main operating system on your computer, or do you use a virtual machine?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• marksturn
    marksturn Member ✭✭
    Options

I use Quicken desktop via subscription. Issue has been going on for 4-6 months. Maybe longer. Intermittent. No VPN. Use Norton Antivirus, but doesn't effect other downloads. Using Windows 11 Home and it is the main operating system. Use both Google Chrome and MS Edge for browsers.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Please try this:

• In Windows 11 or older Windows systems go to Windows Control Panel and select Internet Options (or in Internet Explorer, click on Tools / Internet options.)
    Click the Advanced tab.
    Scroll down the list to "Use TLS 1.x" and click to put checkmarks on all available choices even though some are no longer supported "Use TLS 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 (if available)"
    Turn off "Use SSL 3.0"
    Click Apply. Reboot.

• marksturn
    marksturn Member ✭✭
    Options

My internet options were already set up with the "Use TLS 1.x" options all checked and the Use SSL 3.0 not checked.

Not helpful.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Is it always the same 1-2 financial institutions (Wells Fargo and Discover) that give you this error? Is this an intermittent issue, or are these two financial institutions perpetually unable to connect? Have you spoken with the financial institutions about this issue? If you haven't done so already, I recommend following the troubleshooting steps in this article on the Unable to Establish an Internet Connection error message.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• marksturn
    marksturn Member ✭✭
    Options

No it is not the same two institutions. It has happened on Vanguard and Chase and Capital One. I can usually reset the webconnect, but it won't work for Discover this time. I get a CC-501 when I try to reset the account. Mainly the messeges are "cannot connect to the Quicken servers, please try again later". Wells Fargo just gives me an error when I try One Step Update (messege says OL-297-A - Quicken is unable to establish an internet connection).

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Do you keep your Quicken file directly on your C drive? Is it synced with any cloud service? If you haven't done so already, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.