BECU OL-294

Options

Answers

• GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Darn. Not working for me yet. @JP - did you use Direct Connect?

• JP
    JP Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I took the default connection. It shows as NOT Express Web Connect.

• rdschmid
    rdschmid Member ✭✭
    Options

Same result for me GermanBlueRam, after a many minute wait for BECU to show accounts, same message.

Last year I remember doing the deactivate/reactivate drill a number of times, updates would work for a day, maybe a week, then fail again. Ended being mostly a way to burn up my time. We'll see this time.

• ggarland
    ggarland Member ✭✭
    Options

@JP : I wish I was brave enough, but this looks mighty similar to a 'solution' that I had to try before that then downloaded 6 years worth of duplicate transactions that I had to manually recover from. Not doing that again. Glad it worked for you.

• dwhooley
    dwhooley Member ✭✭
    Options

Interesting, just noted JP's post.
    I hadn't tried downloading updates for my loan accounts in a few weeks.
    I decided to try doing Update Now for my loan accounts. Both are set up with Express Web Connect. They worked without a hitch.
    My checking, savings, visa accounts are all set up with Direct Connect and still aren't downloading.

• TechScribe
    TechScribe Unconfirmed ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

After deactivating Online Services, I've tried both Express Web Connect and Direct Connect. Both fail. Getting old.

• Thunderbird232
    Thunderbird232 Member ✭✭
    Options

May not be worth the bother to reset the account as the BECU server is rejecting the connections. I am seeing "Temporarily Overloaded" in the connection log. Seen something similar last year.

20230718 17:51:39: QFN: Beginning send to https://onlinebanking.becu.org/ofx/ofxprocessor.asp
    20230718 17:51:42: ***QFN kQFFinished: returns 67305975
    20230718 17:51:42: HTTP: Temporarily overloaded
    20230718 17:51:43: QFN: End send to https://onlinebanking.becu.org/ofx/ofxprocessor.asp, netstatus 17

• Mike F.
    Mike F. Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion @JP, I'm glad it worked for you. No joy for me though:-(
    I tried File | Validate & Repair File before trying @JP's suggestion, and Quicken just locked up on me…Started locking up yesterday, and my only fix is to terminate in Task Manager.
    Then I tried setting up Web Connect (under the Advanced menu when setting up a new connection) but still no joy. At least it didn't lock up.

• young.danal
    young.danal Member ✭✭
    Options

Tag BECU and Fumbi Chima (BECU's CTO) on Twitter and other social media outlets - the only way things are going to get better with BECU tech is if they feel the pressure. Based on the pattern, there is no sense of urgency and while they profess a customer-centric culture, it is clearly lacking.

• GermanBlueRam
    Options

I sent a direct message to BECU via Twitter - that's where I got the response I posted earlier. I really should have made it a public post; I think I'll do something now. Agree on no sense of urgency regarding this at the CU.

• JP
    JP Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Morning ☕️ ,

I just downloaded new transactions, so the connection is working properly. Don't forget to clear the Financial Institution, Account Number and Customer ID after deactivating online services. I learned this trick from a quicken post or from a bank.

Also, its funny how BECU credits Dividend/Interest on a strange day, around the 20th of each month. Is that my account anniversary or some other wacky rule?

Good luck!

• GermanBlueRam
    Options

Still not working for me, but it seems like some sort of progress is being made. This time BECU sent me an SMS verification code, but I errored out after that.

• young.danal
    young.danal Member ✭✭
    Options

This is the path I ended up going down, and it is now working for me:

1. Backup Quicken file (just in case something goes haywire)
    2. Go to each account that was shown as using Direct Connect (this is visible by selecting the account from the left pane and then looking under the title of the account that is loaded in the right main window) and deactivate it (Settings icon > Edit account details > Online Services > Deactivate)
    3. After all your BECU accounts have online services deactivated, go back to Settings icon > Edit account details > Online Services on one of the BECU accounts and select Set up Now.
    4. In the resulting window, choose each account and select the right one to 'link to existing account'. Choose 'Don't add to Quicken' for any that don't match up or any that you don't want to add.

The accounts were added as connection type = Express Web Connect, and now the One Step Update to download transactions works.

Note I don't use these additional features as noted in https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank , (table below) so it wasn't important for me to maintain the Direct Connect connection type. Honestly I didn't even know there were multiple connection types. I just want the ability to seamlessly/automatically/accurately download transactions.

I'm still pretty unhappy because of all the time I spent fiddling with this to get it fixed.

• GermanBlueRam
    Options

Still not working for me. 😔

• jimmbo2001
    jimmbo2001 Member ✭✭
    Options

We shouldn't have to "fiddle" . we should type in our account number/password and Quicken should connect to BECU. Come on Quicken, contact BECU and walk them through what you need to get this fixed. So frustrating and time consuming to download data for 7 accounts one at a time. Let's not lert this go on for months like last year.

• frimer4
    frimer4 Member ✭✭
    Options

This is sooooooooo FRUSTRATING!!! I've had this problem as well since beginning of July. No communication or anything from BECU. I sent a message/complaint through their useless IM system on their website, but just received the usual, "Sorry, we're working on it." This morning, reviewing my July statement, I noticed a discrepancy between my Checking account and my Visa account, so I decided to call in and complain about both issues with one call. Unfortunately, the kid on the phone simply could not comprehend the issue I was having, so I gave up. I then complained about the connection issue with Quicken, but all he said was, "Sorry, our IT department is working on it." And he said it with such a bored voice, as though he'd been reading the same standard response off a big sign on their office wall. I've been a member of BECU since 1988 (35 years!!), and this past year has been the first time I've ever considered leaving. I have account at Chase and Ally, and have NEVER had any IT issues with them. BECU this past year has been one problem after another, and way too long to resolve. Just FYI… I tried the "Deactivate/Reactivate" procedure, but also could not make it work. Just get the same errors noted by others, regardless of which connection method I tried. So frustrating…

• Jason Is Annoyed
    Jason Is Annoyed Member ✭✭
    Options

Hey there! I've been using Quicken for over 2 decades, and this issue with BECU is one of the most annoying things I've had to deal with. We all dealt with it last year, and now here we are again. I wonder if it will happen every July. Anyhow, I thought I'd blow some minds and let y'all know that in addition to my personal BECU accounts, I also have all of my business accounts with BECU, and the business accounts download just fine. They didn't break last year, and they didn't break this year. A couple years ago BECU built a different site, app, etc. and changed everything for business users, and it's horrible. The only good thing is that it doesn't break like the personal side does. Business credit card account still don't download. Some days I really want to leave BECU!

• JP
    JP Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@young.danal I pretty much laid out these same instructions on July 18. Glad it worked for you too.

• GermanBlueRam
    Options

Same here. I don't know what it is about summer, but from a systems perspective, BECU needs to start acting like the nation's fourth-largest credit union, which I think it is. Frustrating and not acceptable - a one-day or temporary outage, I can get. But weeks on end?

I've tried every few days, including this morning.

• GermanBlueRam
    Options

And despite what BECU's non-updated messaging says on the website, Express Web Connect does not work for me either.

• Mike F.
    Mike F. Member ✭✭
    Options

My dividend posts anywhere from the 16th to the 21st, depending on the month. But for any given month, dividends post on the same day for all 6 of my BECU accounts.

• JLP1976
    JLP1976 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This did not work for me. this is what I got:

• jimmbo2001
    jimmbo2001 Member ✭✭
    Options

I had a little chat with BECU this morning. (see screenshots) I told them this has been going on for a month and we as members deserve a better answer than "we don't know when it will be resolved". The agent said they would forward my concerns to management after I told them Maybe management needs to put more pressure on the IT teams involved.

• GermanBlueRam
    edited July 2023
    Options

Thanks for sharing that, jimmbo2001. I had a chat with a different representative today but didn't get that kind of detail.

I was told that BECU was "actively working with Quicken, QuickBooks and Mint on a resolution," with "no ETA on when the connection will be restored.'

• L&J
    L&J Member ✭✭
    Options

This has been working for me for about a week or so now. I had to do a reset and make sure that reconcile with online account balance was checked. So far, so good. I am knocking on wood as I write this because there is still a message on the BECU site that it is not working. One thing with the reset though, I did have a lot of duplicates because I had been manually updating my register so when I did the deactivate/reactivate and the cleared ones came in my balance was off and I had to delete a lot of transactions.

• GermanBlueRam
    Options

Interesting - glad it was working for you. How did you do a "reset" if you had already deactivated the account?

I tried to reactivate mine again today - no dice. 😒

• rlrwa
    rlrwa Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Here we are at August 1st and still no resolution to the issue. Honestly I'm seriously thinking of going back to old school checkbook registers at this point. It would be faster.

I am just really really annoyed that BECU has never ever sent any type of communication to customers about this. Like someone else I've been with BECU since 1988. I've used Quicken since at least 1992. If that's not loyalty I don't know what is. I deserve a letter, an email, - heck even a text message would do - to let customers know about this issue, what they're doing about it and an ETA.

Time for BECU to step it up and apologize, make it right and do better. I'm surprised no one has sued them yet.

• L&J
    L&J Member ✭✭
    Options

GermanBlueRam I did the reset by deactivating, then reactivating, then updating and making sure that the reconcile with online balance was checked.

• GermanBlueRam
    Options

Thanks L&J. I thought you were talking about the "Reset Account" button.

• Skyking86
    Skyking86 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

All the resets and account closings sounds very drastic to my eyes. I have no idea if this is a troll or the real thing and the fact that some say it doesn't work makes me say, nope, not going to do that. It's up to BECU to get Quicken to communicate with them. So I'm just checking the accounts on the website, adding things manually and then waiting with little patience to have them come through. Last time this happened it was about the same month long issue. If it is the same time frame to get this fixed, they WHY are they still using the vendor????? We really should come up with some catchy name for the annual summer "the guy in the basement takes a month long vacation breakdown"

This discussion has been closed.