BECU OL-294

Options
GermanBlueRam
GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully the outage (on BECU's side) does not last as long as the problem that occurred months ago.

After I logged onto becu.org (Boeing Employees Credit Union):

Quicken Deluxe for Windows.

Best Answer

Answers

• Skyking86
    Skyking86 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Called yesterday and the outage started at 4pm on Thursday. They said that they were working on it. I have one account that is off between the app and Quicken. Last year it was weeks. . . gave you the impression of one fellow in a basement working on it in their spare time!

• rlrwa
    rlrwa Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Again with this issue! Hopefully will not be MONTHS like it was last time. Also left a complaint with BECU - in this day and age of tech this is ridiculous.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, if you haven't already, please take a moment to review this support article regarding error OL-294.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• GermanBlueRam
    Options

I am going to do the same thing. The fact that Quickbooks and Mint are also a problem suggests that BECU is struggling with the Intuit interface again. BECU IT needs to step up its game. Sheesh - this is one of the biggest credit unions in the country.

• mark320
    mark320 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I'm getting the OL-294-A today when syncing with Boeing Employees Credit Union. Normally I'd not be inclined to post here about this kind of error. However, in the past it's taken many weeks to resolve the problem and, rather than waiting, I've decided to post here. I wasn't able to find a recent and still-open thread regarding this error with BECU. If one already exists, I welcome anyone to reply with a link to that and then let's close this discussion.

But, if there's no already-existing discussion covering this latest instance of the OL-294-A error with BECU, well, here's a post to start.

• KerryAlika
    KerryAlika Member
    Options

This is an annual occurrence. It just …happens - and when it's resolved, it just… goes away. No explanations. No offers by anyone to credit back for prepaid services that were unusable. No responsibility claimed. Which leads one to suspect that there's a pissing contest between BECU and Quicken about who is responsible for maintaining the services. Just look at the linked article for troubleshooting above: basic tier 1 troubleshooting to reset the accounts, then "Not our fault - call the bank!" retreat.

• WTomJones
    WTomJones Member
    Options

Im getting the same error, does anyone have a solution or reason for this error OL-294-A when Using One Step update with BECU?

• L&J
    L&J Member ✭✭
    Options

I would also like a link to a fix please. This seems to be a yearly thing and last year, if I remember correctly it took several months for a fix with no explanation as to why it happened and no one took ownership. If anyone has an update I would love to hear about it. Thank you.

• GermanBlueRam
    edited July 2023
    Options

I don't know for sure, but I suspect that the fault here lies much more with BECU than with Quicken (or Quickbooks, which is owned by a completely different company - Intuit).

In any event, this link provides a temporary workaround - downloading manually from becu.org to Quicken.

https://www.becu.org/news/online-banking-intuit-connection?

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello again,

Thank you all for visiting the Community to notify us about this error with BECU.

As my earlier response mentioned; this issue has been reported internally to the praoper channels. However, our teams are still waiting for more problem reports containing screenshots, logs, and sanitized files to be submitted via Help > Report a problem from within the program.

The more problem reports we receive, the better.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ggarland
    ggarland Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

[Removed - Disruptive/Unhelpful]

• RA_RA_RA1
    RA_RA_RA1 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

[Removed - Rant]

• jimmbo2001
    jimmbo2001 Member ✭✭
    Options

7-10-2023 I have been getting OL-294-A from BECU for about a week. The exact same thing happened last year about this time. BECU says to download the transactions from the site and that there is no completion date. This is unacceptable. Surely Quicken and BECU have IT staff that can look at this since the same thing happened last year. It is extremely inconvenient to download transactions for multiple accounts one by one. Thats why I bought and pay for Quicken, so I don't have to do that. See attached screenshot since you are asking for one. I have also reported the problem within Quicken to the support team.

• GermanBlueRam
    Options

I heard back from BECU. The "vendor" is almost certainly not Quicken. All I know is that this is annoying and time-consuming, and I expect better from the credit union's IT team. The outage must be even more painful for members that rely on Intuit's Quickbooks product to help run their businesses.

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry for the frustration and we are working with the vendor to get this fixed. We recognize that many members rely on this important function to help manage their businesses and budgets. We will continue to provide updates as more information is available. We apologize for any inconvenience this interruption may cause. There is a manual workaround, you can find that information here:

• rlrwa
    rlrwa Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes there is a go between vendor BUT that is NO excuse for this to be happening AGAIN. IT's feeling a bit Groundhog Dayish to me.

I also sent in a report to Quicken (with screenshots!).

• GDM
    GDM Member ✭✭
    Options

Still an issue as of this morning, already moved my business accounts from BECU business because of another BECU-caused issue). Was planning on keeping my personal accounts there, but think I'll look for another place for those as well.

• GermanBlueRam
    edited July 2023
    Options

It has not been a great week for BECU and its systems.

• RA_RA_RA1
    RA_RA_RA1 Member ✭✭
    Options

Why in the heck was my post deleted. All I posted was that it would be Nice to get some form of refund / credit for this as is continually happens. Sheesh.

• KippHoward
    KippHoward Member
    Options

Report Sent

• Skyking86
    Skyking86 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Well, it seems that the whole BECU IT team takes July off every year, here we go again until late August and September. . . customer communication is really poor from BECU, but we've come to expect that with the company as Intuit and BECU play pickleball, bouncing the ball of blame back and forth while not fixing it. I would expect an email to all the BECU customers, but that is an expectation in vain.

• GermanBlueRam
    Options

Well it's been a week now. I made a "suggestion" on BECU's website. Basically for the CU to get its IT act together.

• chasticsto
    chasticsto Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Quicken Anja,

I cannot create the sanitized file as quicken (on windows) says the file is bigger than 200MB and that I should save it to a file and then send you a link. however, the instructions for doing that aren't available, so I am unable to comply with your request. Help instructions would be nice on how to create the file, where to save it, and how to upload the link to your s/w team.

• farrellfam6
    farrellfam6 Member
    Options

just now discovering this forum, and this thread, had no idea that i wasn't the only one. this is so frustrating, and I agree with someone else, I pay money to not have to do this manually..

• seattlechuck
    seattlechuck Member
    Options

Following for updates. This is extremely frustrating - not to mention that Quicken stopped working with a WebView2 Runtime error, even though it is installed.

• jlvinko
    jlvinko Member
    Options

Yes, I appreciate these comments, especially about leaving a "Suggestion" on BECU's website, which I just did a few minutes ago. In addition to requesting BECU prioritizes fixing the issue, I also mentioned that I would NOT be recommending their services to others until it is resolved, giving them a big "0" on their "Recommend" scale. Suggest others here cast their disapproving votes similarly?

• Mike F.
    Mike F. Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

I just spoke with a BECU representative and was told the issue is with "OFX", the Open Financial Exchage. It looks like OFX might be an Intuit product ( https://www.intuit.com/partners/fdp/implementation-support/ofx/ ). I take that to mean the issue is with Intuit, not BECU. However, I think the issue would be more widespread, affecting many banks, if OFX was the problem.

• GermanBlueRam
    Options

Thanks for sharing that, Mike F. It still sounds to me that BECU (and possibly a third-party applications vendor that it works with) is struggling with the OFX language, rather than Intuit or Quicken. I download from 9 institutions and only BECU is failing. We may never know, I guess. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

• JP
    JP Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Success on my end! Here is what I did; I deactivated (all) BECU account(s) (Accounts List menu > Edit > Online Services tab > Deactivate), then cleared the (> General tab) Financial Institution, Account Number, and Customer ID boxes, then selected OK to close menu. Select Done to close Accounts List menu.

Go to Add account and search for BECU and select, you will need to input User ID and Password. Then after connection you should be able connect existing account(s).

All my accounts connected except the loan account. The way Quicken handles loan accounts is tricky at best. I may have to delete account and re-add. The Account Details menu is different with loans.

This discussion has been closed.