Market Value Missing for Investments

marknashburn
marknashburn Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
edited September 2023 in Investing (Windows)

This started over the weekend but is still an issue. All my market values are 0 in my investment under the investment portfolio, this is in Vanguard and Fidelity. Anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I assume you are referring to the column titled "Market Value" when you're looking at the Portfolio View that comes up when you click on Investing > Portfolio.

That's a calculated value so I'd expect that either the "Quote/Price" column or the "Shares" column has zeros in it. Is that in fact the case, or are you seeing good values in those columns but $0 in the Market Value column? What are you seeing if you go to the individual Accounts' Holdings screen?

If there a good values for quotes and shares but $0 in the market value column of portfolio view then my first thought would be some sort of "display" issue that might be solved by closing and then re-opening Quicken.

• marknashburn

Yes, I was referring to the Portfolio View. I do have amounts in the Quote/Price column and it seems like Quicken isn't pulling current pricing for any of my mutual funds. I have tried closing and re-opening Quicken but that didn't solve the issue.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

So it's not "all" investments showing $0, it's limited to the mutual funds and the mutual funds are reporting quotes of $0?

While in portfolio view hover your cursor over one of the mutual funds and select "Security Detail View" and then in theSecurity Detail View window click on "More" and then on "Edit Price History." I'm thinking the quotes are actually in the file but with the wrong dates. Or, are the quotes missing entirely?

• marknashburn

I don't have individual stocks so can't say if that would have been an issue. I ended up going to support and we settled on restoring a previous backup, although they were highly unhappy that I didn't have my file saved to the C drive and kept trying to tell me that a file elsewhere could degrade which I found baffling, but that seemed to resolve whatever glitch I encountered.

This discussion has been closed.