how do I stop quicken from automatically reconciling after I finish recording downloaded trasactions

AHN
AHN Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

how do I stop quicken from automatically reconciling after I finish recording downloaded trasactions?

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Go to the Online Services tab of Account Details. Then uncheck the box for Reconcile using online balance and click OK.

Then you can check that box, again, if you want to do your reconciliations using the online balance. Just make sure when given the opportunity (during the first reconciliation) to not select the option to automatically reconcile. Then when you run Reconcile you will be given the opportunity to review all transactions before the reconciliation is completed.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R59.10 on Windows 11

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓

If you do what I suggested in my prior post it will stop the auto reconciliation. Then you can set it up to reconcile to the online balance, again. Just make sure when you do your first reconciliation you do not, again, set it up to auto reconcile.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓

There's an option in the Reconcile dialog for this. I believe this is what @Boatnmaniac was referring to. See whether you have this turned on. If so, turn it off.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭

@AHN - Here is how to use online balances but not forced to reconcile after each download -

1. Go to the Online Services tab in Account Details and uncheck "Reconcile using online balance"
    2. In the account register change one of your reconciled [R] transactions to uncleared.
    3. Do a reconciliation by doing a "Ctrl-R". You will then see a reconciliation screen. At the bottom of the screen you should see 2 checkboxes. Check the top one "Always use Online Balance", but leave the second checkbox unchecked.

4. Complete the reconciliation to get your reconciliation back up to date.

From now on, the account should use the online balance to reconcile, but it will not automatically do a reconciliation after each download.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓

Go to the Online Services tab of Account Details. Then uncheck the box for Reconcile using online balance and click OK.

Then you can check that box, again, if you want to do your reconciliations using the online balance. Just make sure when given the opportunity (during the first reconciliation) to not select the option to automatically reconcile. Then when you run Reconcile you will be given the opportunity to review all transactions before the reconciliation is completed.

• AHN

but I always reconcile using online balance. I just want to stop doing it after I download and enter the trasactions. I don’t even choose reconcile. It just does it.

• AHN

Thanks but I always reconcile using online balance. I just want it to stop doing it after I download and enter the transactions. I don’t even choose reconcile. It just does it.

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓

If you do what I suggested in my prior post it will stop the auto reconciliation. Then you can set it up to reconcile to the online balance, again. Just make sure when you do your first reconciliation you do not, again, set it up to auto reconcile.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

There's an option in the Reconcile dialog for this. I believe this is what @Boatnmaniac was referring to. See whether you have this turned on. If so, turn it off.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭

@AHN - Here is how to use online balances but not forced to reconcile after each download -

1. Go to the Online Services tab in Account Details and uncheck "Reconcile using online balance"
    2. In the account register change one of your reconciled [R] transactions to uncleared.
    3. Do a reconciliation by doing a "Ctrl-R". You will then see a reconciliation screen. At the bottom of the screen you should see 2 checkboxes. Check the top one "Always use Online Balance", but leave the second checkbox unchecked.

4. Complete the reconciliation to get your reconciliation back up to date.

From now on, the account should use the online balance to reconcile, but it will not automatically do a reconciliation after each download.

• AHN
This discussion has been closed.