One step update not working after newest release R51.12

Options
Nancy
Nancy Member ✭✭

Running on Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.2134 Experience 1000.22659.1000.0.

My last update was on July 4, 2023. I haven't touched Quicken since that time. This morning I signed in and applied the newest update (R51:12) and ran my ONE STEP update. Only a few credit cards account say updated and all others that provided the last update date still say 7/4/23. None of my bank accounts show on the One Step Update Summary. Only a portion of the accounts updated successfully but only one account actually downloaded transactions. I know that is wrong.

If I do accounts individually, the returned ONE STEP Summary is blank.

I do not want to enter all transactions for the past 4 weeks, so please help!

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Nancy,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. When did you first notice this issue? After a recent update? If so, which update? Do you receive any error codes or messages? Are you experiencing this issue with certain accounts (for example, only EWC)?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Nancy
    Nancy Member ✭✭
    Options

I last used Quicken on July 4th then this morning I was prompted to update to R51:12.  After that, I did my
    one step update (which usually takes 15 minutes) and it was done in about 30 seconds.  It updated one credit card account with new transactions but the others completed but were dated July 4, 2023.  The
    attached picture shows they supposedly downloaded transactions but they

did not.  There were no error messages. 

5 checking accounts are Web Connect, 1 is Express Web Connect, 1 CC is
    Web Connect, 11 CC are Express Web Connect, and the one CC account that
    downloaded transactions is Direct Connect.

Hope this helps.

• Nancy
    Nancy Member ✭✭
    Options

I Ran a One Step Update this morning and only my checking accounts updated. It Did not download all transactions, only one or two for each account, when I know there should be much, much more. I will be going manual until you can straighten this out. Very disappointed as a customer of at least 20 years.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Others are saying they are having issues this morning also…

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• Traumajunkie46
    Traumajunkie46 Member ✭✭
    Options

Just got a new computer three days ago and loaded file from a backup SD card, updated and all was well. Now receiving CC501 errors on everything except Edward jones and it has a "client side error" msg Http:403 error.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Created a TEST file with one FI….. Only a few transactions came in but went to the wrong accounts. Houston we have a problem…

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• Nancy
    Nancy Member ✭✭
    Options

i’m going full manual mode until this gets straightened out.

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Nancy - have you tried logging out of your ID and then logging back in?

Under edit>preferences>Quicken ID> log in as a different user

log out and then log back in as the same user.

does that solve the problem?

• Nancy
    Nancy Member ✭✭
    Options

I certainly did. Just minutes ago, I deleted everything that downloaded via One Step Update on August 9th. I then signed into my bank and manually selected transactions from July 5th thru August 11th for download. After I did this for 5 bank accounts, I selected one to import into Quicken. It imported 14 transactions but created a new account instead of updating the account I had selected for import.

Quicken has major problems that need to be resolved. I will now manually input all of my transactions.

Signed, Very Unhappy User😠

• Nancy
    Nancy Member ✭✭
    Options

I tried signing out and then downloaded one account. It appears to have downloaded correctly (50 transactions instead of 3) but also included transaction that had been downloaded previously (only a handful).

When done with this account, I'll do a One Step Update and, hopefully, all will go well.

Maybe Quicken can add a sign off feature on the main page to make it more available. I had closed it down but didn't sign out. I think since I have to use a password to open the file, I thought that signed me out. I have signed out before as described but it been so long, I never think of it.

• swansonwj
    swansonwj Member
    Options

This issue has been going on for multiple users all year and Quicken just closes the comment threads and hasn't provided an answer yet. One Step update is completing normally but not downloading any transactions for multiple financial institutions. It is a Quicken problem, not a problem with the financial institutions websites. Why have you not resolved this issue yet?

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@swansonwj - while not ideal, simply log out of your account and log back in. then do OSU.

I run into this same phenomenon from time to time, but the log out/ log in appears to solve it.

• Nancy
    Nancy Member ✭✭
    Options

so far it looks good. Only problem I’ve encountered with an account is it wouldn’t reconcile but had done so on July 4. Went back through April transactions and found no discrepancies. Luckily, it’s in our favor.

• tlowe43q@
    tlowe43q@ Member
    Options

logout/login was NO HELP … I do manual date-specific downloads as OSU has been very untrustworthy (duplicating transactions mostly). Now, since 51.12, when I click the downloaded transaction file, it wants me to close my Quicken (to open another?).

• tlowe43q@
    tlowe43q@ Member
    Options

why does Quicken put out (obviously) untested updates??? We should NOT have to deal with difficulties like this during use.

• sone
    sone Member ✭✭
    Options

Same thing happened to me. And I can confirm it was the update R51.12 that broke OSU.

I use two Windows 11 (Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.2134) computers with Quicken R51.10 (Build 27.1.51.10) installed. On computer #2 I opened Quicken and was greeted with the R51.12 update. Unfortunately I proceeded to update. Started the OSU for my credit cards and banking but realize only the bank accounts stopped updating. All I got was Processing… > Completed. However no updates. 🤬

Luckily I had a backup of the same QDF that was untouched on computer #1. I opened Quicken on computer #1, got the same update to R51.12 but this time I said [#@%!] NO! Proceeded with the OSU and all updated accordingly.

So I've learned my lesson with Quicken, I know a bit late considering what you all have been complaining about. Now I have to watch for these updates and mash that freaking NO Update button. 😡

• Nancy
    Nancy Member ✭✭
    Options

I’ll never update the software again without first checking here to see if all is OK. Took me a day and a half even after I signed out and sign back in again and some transactions I had to add manually because they never downloaded with the rest of them.

• jr_ece
    jr_ece Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is the way.

I have not updated from R42.21 due to every version I've checked since then have had worse issues that the one I'm on. The issues you've experienced have been par for the course. The first thing I do is look for the latest release update here https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product , and then search for that Rxx version under the community discussion to see what folks have experienced. As you can see it's been awhile since I've found a version I'm comfortable with. I have spent many hours rebuilding my accounts as far back as 2003 with some pretty nasty errors (paycheck corruption was the worst!). Those both happened from blindly updating to the latest. Not again.

• sone
    sone Member ✭✭
    Options

@Nancy and @jr_ece yes agree with you both. I will not upgrade from here as all the features needed for my situation are in the R51.10 build. Lessoned learned.

Oddly if they are bots, not surprising otherwise, none of the Quicken representatives responded or followed up on the issue I've discovered with their R51.12 build.

• jr_ece
    jr_ece Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@sone The other thing to note, when researching any potential issues on a new release you really need to think about how that compares to your configuration and use of Quicken. Since we all have a number of different banks, accounts, and transactions it is sometimes tricky to know if someone else's issues will be the same for you. So, even if the research suggests the next version might be okay ALWAYS make a backup and then apply the latest patch from the update page (link above). Then check everything as deeply as you can. Unfortunately, there could be things you miss when verifying "everything" such as old paycheck corruption. But, you do the best you can and stick with the next version if it appears it is mostly good. But, the backup allows you to roll back assuming you've kept the older patch updates that have worked for you.

• Nancy
    Nancy Member ✭✭
    Options

I learned early to back up every time I exit Quicken. Has saved me multiple times, even from myself.

This discussion has been closed.