Discover Bank downloads

Options
Brian31404
Brian31404 Member

Is there a timeline for solution of the issue with Discover Bank downloads. It appears lots of users are experiencing the same issue.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Brian31404,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question, though we apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You should contact Quicken Support for an answer to your question. We are just users here in this forum.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Brian31404,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question, though we apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

•  KQ
    KQ Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Hey guys - Has there been any update since July 22nd?

It;s a HUGE impact on me, as this is my main checking account, along with a savings account and 2 different credit card accounts/

Appreciate any update anyone can provide!

• RB
    RB Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Anja

Please pass the following information to the Productive Developing Team that has been working on this problem since July 2nd.

Everyone who is running the latest version of Quicken for Windows who wants to added Discover Bank Checking or Savings Account is unable to do so.

The following will allow you team to recreate the problem:

Using a fresh install of Quicken for Windows R51.12

File | New Quicken File

Call it TestDiscover.QDF or whatever you wish and SAVE

Sync to Mobile and Web OFF and NEXT

Click on Add Account

Select Financial Institution "Discover Bank" (See picture below)

Now Click on NEXT (See Yellow in Picture Above)

The Window below will come up:

Now Click on Sign In (Highlighted in Yellow in Picture Above.)

You will get the following picture:

You immediately get the above picture when clicking Sign In. It never gives opportunity to enter a username or password. Discover no longer supports express web connection plus. So Quicken Windows needs to be fixed so that it does NOT try to login to discover bank looking for accounts to be authorized!

Please pass this post to the head of your product development team.

• Claudine H.
    Claudine H. Member ✭✭
    Options

This morning I attempted again to download to Discover Bank & Credit Card and I was able to successfully like in the old days. There was nothing special I had to do, it was just SUCCESSFUL! Quicken had me log in to Discover as normal, Quicken & Discover connected all my accounts but 2 of them, the ones I was having problems with, needed to be connected to an existing account. I did that, then Quicken showed me on the next screen connected & how many transactions it will or did download. My Discover Online Savings account had a huge amount of transactions so I got out of everything. Bottom line, 2 of my problem Discover accounts are fixed for me. It's a happy day! 😀

By the way, Quicken Anja announced the issue was fixed in another Discover problem thread August 23

Quicken Deluxe 2019

Windows 10

This discussion has been closed.