Access to Prudential/Empower retirement account error OL-301-A

Options

Answers

• SandR
    SandR Member
    Options

I just tried today and the error is gone. However, I don't see all of the transactions.

• ZABA
    ZABA Member ✭✭
    Options

Ditto this. No longer erroring, but also not pulling any transactions either.

• jc828
    jc828 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same for me, no more error. (I posted earlier this morning that I was still getting an error - although a different one — but now I'm getting no errors at all.) Just like others said, my transactions did not download, so I just entered them manually for the last few weeks. In one more week, I will have new transactions, so I'm hoping that at that time, they will download when I do an update. Keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone!

• Mika1984
    Mika1984 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same. This is actually similar to an issue going on with Kohl's credit cards. It appears to be successful, but no transaction downloads.

At lease the security prices are downloading now from Prudential.

• Scottc66
    Scottc66 Member
    Options

For some, I've switched from OL 301 to OL 293. At least something changed.

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Worked last night but didn't download transactions. Unfortunately, getting an error again today.

• Donald Brooks
    Donald Brooks Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Wow, it connected and changed nothing on my 401 (a). The data is incorrect. Well for my 403(b). I now show a -$27, 630.78. Yes that is in the red. Where the heck did that come from??????? I scrolled down the line and cannot fine where I get a negative (red) amount. This is becoming a very frustrating ordeal. Why can't Prudential/Empower allow us to export our data in a .ofx file like other institutions? I will say this, I cannot wait to retire and move all my money out of this institution into another account!!!!! One that is more stable and works with Quicken!!!!

• ereynold60
    ereynold60 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same results here. Connected with no errors, but no transactions downloaded and no security prices updated.

• DPP28
    DPP28 Member ✭✭
    Options

I was able to get a successful connection today; let's hope its back for good.

• NTPanaccio
    NTPanaccio Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Successful connection for me, as well, but it only updated the securities like the other posters. It's still behind on transactions by a month.

• Patrick Hasenjager
    Patrick Hasenjager Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Two weeks with no updates from Quicken sadly is not surprising. I am also over a month behind in transactions. I have manually added them according to Prudential/Empower's website, but I would like to see them downloaded…someday.

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The connection has been working for me since this weekend but I had transactions yesterday that still didn't come thru (so the problem isn't resolved) and I entered them manually.

• dbaylen
    dbaylen Member ✭✭
    Options

I am also able to successfully login but no transactions or updated pricing are being downloaded. From what others are reporting this appears to be consistent. When originally setting up the accounts Prudential required that you enter the account number in a format that included your account number and other verifying information separated by xxxx's. I'm speculating, but with this transition to Empower perhaps there's an issue with how account numbers are entered in the Quicken setup.

• dbaylen
    dbaylen Member ✭✭
    Options

FINALLY - Transactions and pricing are updating.

• NTPanaccio
    NTPanaccio Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Check the register, because transactions are still not updating for me as well as others, despite the update screen showing 'Complete'. My last transactions are from mid-July.

• CaptainH
    CaptainH Member
    Options

Same results here. Connected with no errors, but no transactions downloaded. It's still behind on transactions by a month.

• Drinkingbird
    Drinkingbird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

No transactions and no errors here too, since last weekend.

• jc828
    jc828 Member ✭✭
    Options

Well, back to more of the same . . . another error this morning - OL-297-A - after a week of no errors. Last week, I entered all the missing transactions manually, and was hoping today (after a recent deposit) the download of the new transactions would work. Not only was there no download, but I also received this error again — unable to establish an internet connection. This is ridiculous.

• dbaylen
    dbaylen Member ✭✭
    Options

During the week I was able to update pricing w/o errors. On Saturday receiving this OL-297-A error. Looking back over posts it appears this error typically happens on Saturday/Sunday. I don't know why the difference on the weekend, but from what others have reported this appears to be pretty consistent.

• DPP28
    DPP28 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Same here….back to OL-297-A this morning. Very frustrating! [Edited - Readability]

• raustin316
    raustin316 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Me too same.

• curtisdchilds
    curtisdchilds Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Could really use an update

• SteveD-NJ
    SteveD-NJ Member
    Options

After getting OL-297-A error this morning, a connection just now completed, but no transactions were downloaded, only prices were updated. I also noticed that even if I ask for price history for the last month, nothing new gets downloaded.

It seems that the prices on the Pru's site truncate to 3 decimal places while the downloaded prices go out to 4, which can make a difference.

• ereynold60
    ereynold60 Member ✭✭
    Options

INFORMATION ONLY

I also use Fidelity "Full View", which is an "account aggregator". You setup your "non-Fidelity" acounts with ID and sign-on credentials, and it pulls investments, prices and accounts balances. It is useful for maintaining your retirement plan and forecast.

INTERESTINGLY, my Prudential/Empower account is not updating there either… Fidelity Full-View says something like "Connection is active, but prices are out of date.

This is a Prudential/Empower issue IMO…

• Drinkingbird
    Drinkingbird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Fidelity likely uses Intuit as their aggregator, just like Quicken does. Quicken already confirmed the issue is on their end with how they do the screen scraping.

• Drinkingbird
    Drinkingbird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine Any update please? The last update to the known issue thread was 3 weeks ago.

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

My Prudential connection is Direct Connect and I don't think it uses an aggregator to get the data. I also use Fidelity Full View and it does state that the connection is working but values are out of date (even though is says it updated 3 days ago).

• Drinkingbird
    Drinkingbird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah I forgot it was still direct connect (one of the few left), but Fideilty is most likely using an aggregator like Intuit, and Intuit maintains all the specs etc for quicken too (even direct connect). The quicken rep in another thread said screen scraping but direct connect should not use that. Most likely Prudential changed one line somewhere and now everyone has to update to match. If it was true direct connect it should just download QFX data right from Prudential, in which case it definitely would be a prudential issue. Who knows, after more than a month it just needs to be fixed.

• bravootra
    bravootra Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @ALL - I tried today and it downloaded - 106 transactions downloaded - It was supposed to download after 3/16/2023 but it began from 5/29/2023 - After the download I click on Accept all button BUT Quicken did not record them - Is the issue now in Quicken ??

• bravootra
    bravootra Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Any thoughts ?? @Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.