Error download from Elan Financial Services (Fidelity Visa Rewards) (QMAC)

Options
12346»

Answers

• Cruz
    Cruz Member ✭✭
    Options

Still not working for me. Neither Elan nor Fidelity Rewards recognize my login and asked me to re-type. I am able to login at both Fidelity and Elan websites. I even tried to enter as a new account and no success. There's still work to be done. Happy that is working for you guys.

• michaelweinberg
    michaelweinberg Member ✭✭✭
    Options

As of this morning, it's all now working for me.

• mok4
    mok4 Member ✭✭
    Options

Elan Financial download of Fidelity Visa Rewards problem appears to be fixed.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2023
    Options

It is still working for me on Fidelity Rewards Credit Card FI with no verification code needed. One fail yesterday morning that worked on immediate retry. Going to leave well enough alone for now but will switch back to the Elan FI if this stops working.

EDIT: Just for grins, I also set cup the Elan Financial Services connection as a new account. That worked right away too without the need for a 2FA code. I will keep running them in parallel for a while to cross check.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Centre
    Centre Member
    Options

It worked yesterday. Not working today.

• Robert Appold
    Options

Well My account did update last week but now Im getting the same

Please try again later.

Care Code: FDP-105

I agree that I wish Quicken would update and resolve this with Elan. We pay an annual subscription, not sure what good that is getting me. Frustrating

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hopefully, it will be working tomorrow and this is due to some server maintenance.

It worked at 8am this morning.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• Brad95X
    Brad95X Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Elan was working for me for a few days but now it is not working again. CC-505

• 9Scoops
    9Scoops Member ✭✭
    Options

Likewise for me. Down again this morning.

• skburger
    skburger Member ✭✭
    Options

Worked again until this morning. Now it's down again…

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Both Elan and Fidelity Reward Card FIs failing for me again his morning.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • sweetp
    sweetp Member
    Options

yesterday my fidelity (via Elan) updated perfectly!!! Today, it once again gave me a cc-505.

By the way, a download from Fidelity is very easy. There is a "download" option when looking at transactions of the credit card. It asks for from/to dates…set file type to "quicken" and download. The file automatically shows up for inputting into quicken. Not a fix for the cc-505 but at least I can update quicken.

• Boog
    Boog Member ✭✭
    Options

Same result here - worked for two days, then no go since yesterday.

• coly8s
    coly8s Member ✭✭
    Options

It's Oct 10 and still not working. The weird thing was that when mine stopped working weeks ago, I had been using Quicken Connect to get the download from Elan. I completely disconnected and then set it up again, but used the Fidelity Rewards institution instead of Elan (I don't think this was an option when I first set it up). Lo and behold, it worked again! I was so happy and humming along for about a week. This morning I did an update and sure enough, I got the FDP-105 error. Broken again! This is absolutely ridiculous. No fix, no information, nothing. Very very disappointed.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Others have posted in other threads (and as I have experienced), downloads stopped working last night but started working, again, this afternoon. Try again.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Brad95X
    Brad95X Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Yes, Elan OSU downloads stopped working yesterday but are working normally again now. Try again.

• ragush
    ragush Member ✭✭
    Options

Not working again this morning. The error code is CP_SERVER_ERROR (FDP-5005). I tried three times and got the same error all three times. Back to downloading from their website.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Maybe these steps might work:

"Worked for me last night. Broken again this morning with CC-800 error during OSU.

Trying an individual register download did not fix the error.

I tried to add a new Elan account to Quicken (just to see if the login credentials worked).

Elan login via Quicken worked and Quicken located my existing Elan account and noted that there was no need to add the account.

Next I tried a Transaction Download from the Elan register and it worked.

Next I tried an OSU for all accounts and Elan processed without errors along with the other Quicken accounts.

"

SOURCE: "Error download from Elan Financial Services (Fidelity Visa Rewards) CC-502 (QWin)"

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• SRC1954
    SRC1954 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I was able to re-connect with Fidelity Rewards Credit Card this morning. It had been working last week but was down yesterday. Back working today.

Steve
    MS Money/Quicken Classic since 1991
    Quicken Simplifi since 2021

• ragush
    ragush Member ✭✭
    Options

This morning I got an error that my account could not be found with a button to reconnect. I click on it and reentered my password. It was then connected and the orange dot was removed.

• Boog
    Boog Member ✭✭
    Options

Same result for me just now. Linked to Fidelity Rewards. Hope it lasts.

• titanrx
    titanrx Member ✭✭
    Options

Fidelity Rewards/Elan connection working again.

On October 16, 2023 I ran an update for my Fidelity Elan account and Quicken responded with a wizard to re-activate the account. Upon re-activation, a pop-up instructed that the financial institution needed to send a one time password which was actually a PIN. I received the PIN and proceeded to re-attach the account to my existing register for Elan Visa. It downloaded all the missing transactions. Today, on October 17, Quicken was again able to connect and downloaded transactions. Let's hope this is now resolved.

• Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Well, worked yesterday. Today back to error 800. Did a manual download from fidelityrewards login. I got a screen later when trying the update in the register, and got a screen saying I could do it manually, click on this website which was elan. It took me to the overall website and not the credit card, ergo, not able to do anything.

So here we are OCt 18th and back where we started from. NO FIX

BTW I get the option to choose my phone number for a code when doing one step update, and no code ever arrives. Called elan, changed my browser to google, it worked yesterday with no code. today nothing…….feels like we are going in circles

• PJJBJR
    PJJBJR Member
    Options

Hadn't downloaded since Aug trying to find a past error. Reconciled 9/6 so went for download directly from Fidelity Visa account as usual. It downloaded and I accepted. Then I noticed it had downloaded into a new account "Elan" which had been created on my Quicken. Saw there was a problem and waited a week, then tried again. It downloaded again to the new Elan account, but I haven't accepted the entries yet. How do I get the entries in the Elan account, and the ones I still haven't accepted, back into my existing Quicken Visa account? And how do I proceed in the future?

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Elan is the source for all transactions and account data you see on FidelityRewards.com and have previously downloaded from Fidelity Rewards Credit Card. Historically, Elan is a more reliable and stable financial institution to download from than is the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card.

Given this and that you have a good connection already set up with Elan, I would suggest that instead of moving your transactions from the Elan account to the Fidelity account you move your transactions from the Fidelity account to the Elan account.

If you wish to do this, following is the process I would use to accomplish that (it is not as complex as it might look):

1. Back up your data file.
    2. Are there any overlapping transactions found in both your Elan account and in your Fidelity account? If so, eliminated the overlap by deleting the duplicate transactions in one or the other account. Maybe you have already categorized and reconciled the transactions in the Fidelity account? If so, delete the duplicate overlapping transactions in the Elan account.
    3. In the Elan account: Delete the Opening Balance transaction.
    4. In the Fidelity account: Click on the Opening Balance transaction > scroll down the register to the last transaction in the register > hold the Shift key down and click on that last transaction. All transactions should now be shaded.
    5. Right click anywhere on the shaded transactions.
    6. Click on "Move transactions" > select the Elan account from the dropdown > OK.
    7. You might get prompted to accept moving Reconciled transactions. Do so if prompted.
    8. You might get a popup saying that transfer transactions are being updated. If so, that is OK.
    9. All of the transactions will now be moved to the Elan account and any transfer transactions will be updated in all the transfer connected accounts to reflect this change.
    10. Double check to confirm that all transactions have been moved out of the Fidelity account. If any remain, move those to the Elan account.
    11. Check the Elan account confirm that the account is in balance.
    12. In the Fidelity Account Register, go to the upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Delete Account > Yes > OK.
    13. Optional: In the Elan Account Register, go to the upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > General tab > in the Account Name field, rename the account to "Fidelity Rewards Visa" or whatever you prefer.

In the future all transaction downloads will come from Elan into this Elan account.

If you prefer to instead move the Elan account transactions into the Fidelity account you would pretty much follow the steps above by swapping actions for Fidelity with Elan and for Elan with Fidelity with 2 exceptions:

1. #3 would remain the same….delete the Opening Balance transaction in the Elan account.
    2. Add a new step: Try to set up a download connection with your Fidelity account by deactivating/reactivating it with Fidelity Rewards Credit Card.

• Dave Marshall
    Dave Marshall Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I no longer get errors. It seems the problem has been resolved with Elan.

• Dave Marshall
    Dave Marshall Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I no longer get errors with Elan. They seem have to fixed the problem.

• dlandin
    dlandin Member
    Options

Although I no longer get errors, Updates from Elan Fidelity Visa are not automatic. A screen pops up requiring authentication each time, so it will not work unattended. I've tried satisfying the authentication, but the next download requires re-authentication.

SO, IN MY OPINION, THE ISSUE IS NOT FIXED!

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

By "re-authentication" do you mean 2 factor or multi-factor authorization where you are prompted enter a code that Elan sends you by text or email? Or do you mean that you need to do the online services setup of the account (i.e., enter your online account login information), again?

This discussion has been closed.