Discover Card - not downloading transactions?

Options
mjonis
mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else's Discover Card (not bank, credit card) stop downloading transactions? Quicken SAYS it's connected and updating, but there's charges that have posted back on 9/26 and 9/29 for me that aren't showing up in Quicken.

Quicken shows I'm using:

Financial Institution: Discover Bank

Connection Method: Express Web Connect

(This is what Quicken Level 2 had me connect a few months ago when everyone was having Discover connectivity issues).

Quicken Classic Deluxe (what a name)

Version: R52.28

Build: 27.1.52.28

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @mjonis,

Let’s try a few troubleshooting steps for this issue—these steps should resolve things for you, but if not, please come back and post more about your experience so we can investigate. 

I suggest reviewing this FAQ that provides information and troubleshooting steps for Quicken Windows regarding missing transactions or new transactions not downloading. It is recommended to save a backup first.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks! I went through the FAQ and none of it applied. I checked all the items it said to look at. Odds are if I deactivate/reactivate it would probably resolve it, but I'd rather not resort to that if necessary. Just seems AWFULLY familiar to the original issue months ago where it stopped downloading (no errors) that many many many others reported as well.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @mjonis,

I know that you do not want to deactivate/reactivate, however, for this specific issue, that would be our next troubleshooting steps. If you would not like to do this then you can call Quicken Support directly for further assistance in real time. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 a.m. PT to 5:00 p.m. PT, Monday through Friday.

If you would like to deactivate/reactivate then you may follow the instructions below.

First, backup your Quicken file.

Next, deactivate all Discover Card accounts, including hidden accounts.

1.       Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts.

2.       Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution (FI) that are hidden in Lists.

3.       When complete, click on the account name for your account(s) in the Accounts toolbar in Quicken.

4.       Click the Settings icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.

5.       Select the Downloads tab.

6.       Click on Disconnect Account.

7.       Click Done. Do this on each account with this FI. 

8.       Quit Quicken.

Then, reactivate and carefully relink your accounts.

1.       Reopen Quicken.

2.       Go to Accounts > Add Account.

3.       Type the name of the financial institution, make the appropriate selection, then click Continue.

4.       Enter your login credentials and click Continue.

5.       When Quicken has returned all accounts discovered for this FI, very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have setup in Quicken.

Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, unfortunately the deactivate/reactivate does resolve the issue. Temporarily—until it happens again. More disturbing is the fact that Quicken doesn't alert you to this condition, so unless you manually reconcile paper statements with Quicken, you think have say, a $0.00 balance when in fact, you don't.

Not your fault of course, but seems Quicken isn't very reliable these days for online downloads.

• Al.
    Al. Member
    Options

Hi, I talk to Discover card Customer service last night and they told that they are not supporting the Quicken software anymore. Quicken can not connect to their site. also Citi bank has issues with downloading transactions. Lowe's and The Home Depot. I am having issues downloading. Discover card only offers .csv, .xls and .pdf you need to have a .pdf converter to input the data to Quicken. Is Quicken going to offer that?

• Salparadise808
    Options

Same issue here. Why can't Quicken learn to work with Discover?

• Sp8cemanSp1ff
    Sp8cemanSp1ff Member ✭✭
    Options

My copy of Quicken would not update anything more recent than October 1st. I disconnected and reconnected, but it still only updates to October 1st.

'Quicken Jasmine" - any updates for those of us who have lost our connectivity to Discover?

• mccrayma
    mccrayma Member
    Options

I think I figured this out.

I have a Discover Card and a Discover Savings.
    When it comes to selecting the Financial institution, you must select "Discover Card" and NOT "Discover Bank" for the institution. If you select the Discover Bank institution, it will see your Credit card and attempt to link or add it, but then it will not work. I followed these steps.

Unlink Both Accounts
    Discover Card:
    On the details screen, change the Financial Institution to "Discover".
    Setup Online, be sure and choose "Discover Card" as the institution.
    Discover Savings:
    On the details screen, change the Financial Institution to "Discover Bank"
    Setup Online. *** IMPORTANT ** when you get the screen that shows the accounts, change the Discover Card to "Do Not Link"

Now both should work.

• Nancy R Cservak
    Options

I was just able to deactivate then reactivate Discover and it downloaded the missing transactions. Worked at least for now.

• yo-Dave
    yo-Dave Member
    Options

Agreed with Nancy, I deactivated my Discover Card, edited it to blank out the FINANCIAL INSTITUTION name, and then set it up again, this time picking DISCOVER CARD (not Discover Bank) as the institution. Worked great, and it downloaded a month of transactions. I did NOT have to do anything to my Discover Savings setup.

This discussion has been closed.