R52.19 - Banking Transaction Report not filtering on Memo [edited]

Options
124»

Answers

• Sdherold
    Sdherold Member ✭✭
    Options

It's nice that Quicken is working on this. Will they allow me to work on my annual renewal payment?

• bill_brandt
    Options

I need a built-in Banking report, Cash Flow, matching a specific Memo field text, sorted in date order. The only workaround I know is to run the report with the Memo field filter set to my match criteria, then when the report is displayed (ignoring my match criteria) click the Memo header title to sort in Memo order (and match my filter criteria but not in date order), then export the results to Excel and sort on date. If there is another work around for this simple built-in report that no longer works, please let me know.

• nhttip
    nhttip Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

When I try to filter by memo it doesn't work anymore and returns every transaction. Has something been broken on a recent update?

[Merged Post]

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Dave335
    Dave335 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

You can revert to version R51.12 as it seems to still function the way it is supposed to.

• Joseph Witkin
    Joseph Witkin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

yeah, works great. All I need now they should suspend my subscription charge until they fix the bug . I don’t need any new updates.

• kwkmjk
    kwkmjk Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina - it has been a month (Oct 2) since you posted the problem source was known and would be fixed. Do you have ANY update as to WHEN ?! This is a real problem for many users. Patience has run out !

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

A workaround for this issue is to click on the Memo header to sort the report in Memo order. When you do this, the "Memo contains" filter is applied correctly, otherwise it is ignored. Thanks @dlt_lpd for finding this workaround!

When I offer a workaround for a problem, it doesn't mean I am condoning the status quo or saying the underlying issue doesn't need to be addressed; workarounds simply try to help users get something accomplished until the Quicken developers get around to fixing the issue.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Dave Ings
    Dave Ings Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've been using the click on memo workaround too. But it's only a partial workaround, for when I use it the entries are not properly sorted in date order, which makes the generated report hard to read and verify.

I'm really disappointed in Quicken's lackadaisical response to breaking a core reporting feature. I was of the opinion that product support had really improved under the new owners, but this is making me wonder if I was mistaken.

Perhaps the real workaround is to use tags instead of memos for filtering. I've been thinking about doing this anyhow, to prepare for a possible transition to macOS Quicken (where IIRC you can't filter reports on the memo field).

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Perhaps the real workaround is to use tags instead of memos for filtering.

Tags are certainly a less trouble prone way of filtering a report, even if the memo filtering waw working correctly. Because there is a limited list of choices, there is less chance you will miss a transaction because you misspelled the memo, or pick up an extra transaction because that word happened to appear in the memo.

QWin Premier subscription
  • BillJ
    BillJ Member
    Options

Not only do the reports not filter on the memo field, even when you sort the report on the memo field it does not find the search word on transactions in other accounts when all accounts are selected for the search. Using tags is fine if only trasactions were entered like that from the start. When a feature breaks and users rely on the feature for things like running a business, we need quick action from "Quick"en.

• S. Weston
    S. Weston Member ✭✭✭
    Options

since their hasn’t been a substantive response, it probably makes sense to email Eric Dunn or message him on LinkedIn to make him aware.

https://www.quicken.com/about-us

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ericdunn1

• Joseph Witkin
    Options

HOW TO REVERT TO QUICKEN RELEASE R51.12:

Stated before, but the absolute working fix until Quicken gets its act together is to revert to Release R51.12, the last version before this bug appeared. There is NO issue with sorting reports in that version.

Do NOT uninstall Quicken - just run this 'updater" over your existing version The installer can be downloaded here: Release R51.12

Then you need to go to Windows CONTROL PANEL - USER ACCOUNTS - "Change User Account Settings", and slide the fader all the way up to "Always Notify". Then when Quicken tries to auto-update to a new version with the bug, you will get a pop-up allowing you to say NO.

• Dave Ings
    Dave Ings Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Joseph Witkin

Any chance can you point me in the direction of the equivalent Canadian patch? I've looked around a bit but can't find one that's old enough.

Thanks for any pointers you can suggest.

• Joseph Witkin
    Options

This is the last version prior to 52.xx listed on the Canada updater page: Release R51.11 

• dneufarth
    dneufarth Member ✭✭
    Options

Looks like R53.16 has fixed this problem.

• BobMo
    BobMo Member
    Options

I am using Quicken Classic Deluxe - Canadian version 52.28. It says I have the latest version and still doesn't work. Still waiting.

• Dave335
    Dave335 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Anyone else with the 53.16 version have it working properly?

• Darren@
    Darren@ Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Not even seeing 53.16 posted on the release notes page: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-windows-release-notes

• Dave Ings
    Dave Ings Member ✭✭✭
    Options

+1

It's surprising to me that after all these years Quicken is unable to build and release the American and Canadian versions concurrently.

• Dave335
    Dave335 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It showed up in my quicken update today. I looked on the quicken community page earlier and there was an announcement that it was being released on a limited basis. That's probably why you haven't seen it in your quicken or in the list of windows release notes that you posted. Since it's a limited release I'm going to wait for a little bit to see what the feedback is from those who actually try it out.

• kwkmjk
    kwkmjk Member ✭✭
    Options

53.16 just showed up for me & I downloaded it this AM. Have not had a lot of time to checked it out thoroughly..but the memo filter now seems to WORK! Can sort by other fields and the memo filter holds. Finally.

• Darren@
    Darren@ Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Release notes posted and does explicitly call this out as being fixed:

>Fixed an issue where the Transaction Report did not correctly filter based on the Memo field

• Joseph Witkin
    Options

Yeah, fixed!

• Dave Ings
    Dave Ings Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Not yet fixed north of the border (i.e. Canadian version). Will show up in due course one assumes.

• Dave Ings
    Dave Ings Member ✭✭✭
    Options

An update to the Canadian version has been released which fixes the memo problem. Yeah!

This discussion has been closed.