Fidelity NetBenefits will not update 1 of 2 accounts, will not properly display the other

Options
Tony Luers
Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭

Fidelity Net Benefits will not update the 401k portion of my Net Benefits account. I've asked the question several times with no help from Quicken. This has been going on for 2 months. I've tried the usual things, I've deleted and added the account. When adding the account again, the current balance will be correct, but the history is now gone.

The Brokerage link account seems to update transactions, but the problem I have with BrokerageLink is that it won't display the transactions. I get a window with 4 squares that shows the securities, portfolio by security, top movers and value over time. How do I change the view?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Tony Luers,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about these issues.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into these problems. With the Brokerage link account, it sounds like you have it set up for Simple tracking instead of Complete. To correct this, go to Tools>Account List. Click the Edit button next to the account name. On the General tab, you should see a Tracking Method section. Click the radio button next to Complete, then click the OK button.

If you delete and re-add an account, you will lose any history that the financial institution does not make available to redownload. Some financial institutions allow you to download additional history in the .QFX format directly from their website. If that option is not available, the only other way to get that history back would be to restore a backup from before you deleted the account.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Kristina,

That resolved the display issue for the Net Benefits BrokerageLink account (somehow it was on simple), but not the Net Benefits 401K account which has always been complete. There was a purchase of shares a few days ago that did not update. The transactions do not show up and the share balance is obviously wrong unless I delete the account and then add it again. I know I've previously deleted and added this account and the history was still there. So I would really like to know how to at the very least get this to update the transactions. I can live without the history on this account.

• inap
    inap Member
    Options

I am also having a problem with downloading my NetBenefits 403(b) account information. It has worked properly for years. About a week+ ago, it stopped updating. I tried deleting the account and adding it back, but when added back, it was "screwed up." I finally figured out that instead of just listing the fund total, it was listing the value of each fund, then listing the total value of those funds as cash (???) and then adding the funds total to the "cash" total, which resulted in giving a total equal to double the actual fund total amount. Please advise

• Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My Net Benefits 401K account does the same thing. If I have a 100 shares of ABC worth $10,000.00 after you delete and add the account it will say I have 100 shares of ABC $10,000.00 and $10,000.00 cash for a total of $20,000.00. I can manually fix the cash amount, but I don't understand why I need to keep doing. This account worked perfectly until about 7/1/23.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your replies,

Was the cash balance incorrect only in the initial download after re-adding the account, or does updating the account cause the cash balance to be wrong again after you've corrected it?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Cash balance is wrong only after deleting and then re-adding the account. That is when it doubles it.

Kristina, so here is something that keeps happening. You asked earlier if both accounts were marked complete and not simple. For some reason the BrokerageLink account reverted back to simple, I changed it to complete. The 401K was complete. So, I just checked the BrokerageLink account again, and it has again switched back to simple, so this is something happening within Quicken, not by me.

Also, I checked my Fidelity Net Benefits account online and there are already a contribution and share purchase for the 401K and a contribution for the BrokerageLink account as of 9/1/23. For some reason there is a few days delay between Net Benefits and Quicken, but I'm sure neither of these will download on 9/4 or 9/5.

• Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I re-read your question. The balance doubled after adding the account back again, but initially a few weeks ago it would re-double after update, but that happened several times and stopped. I was frustrated that it kept doubling and couldn't understand why. This was only on the 401K account.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Due to the nature of this issue, I recommend you reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• Vesparado
    Vesparado Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

I too am having a problem with downloading my NetBenefits account information. My Shell stock account disappeared several days ago. This is about the 3rd or 4th problem I have had this year getting my Fidelity NetBenefits information to update properly. Each time it has taken from a few days to a couple of weeks for you folks to fix it (however, when this happened about a month ago it just started reporting the missing account data seemingly without anybody doing anything). This is getting old!! Please fix it!

• Vesparado
    Vesparado Member ✭✭
    Options

For what its worth, rebuilding the file here on the user end has NEVER fixed this problem, which probably shouldn't be a surprise because some Fidelity information does come down which would seem to indicate it is the interface between Quicken and Fidelity which is the problem!

• Vesparado
    Vesparado Member ✭✭
    Options

Well, much to my delight and surprise the missing account came back with this evening's update. Quicken is teaching me to just be patient and let the system work!

• Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Vesparado

Did you delete then add? Every time I do that I'll get the current share balance and price, but no history. I wonder if I should

try it again with the update.

• Vesparado
    Vesparado Member ✭✭
    Options

I didn't do anything at all. Just hit the update button and the missing account posted and updated at the same time as the other accounts.

• Vesparado
    Vesparado Member ✭✭
    Options

Problem started again on or about 10-4-2023. Giving it a few days to see what happens. You'd think an outfit like Quicken would be able to fix this and keep it fixed!

• Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Vesparado

It has never changed for me since 7/4/23. My one Net Benefits account will not update. I will not be renewing my subscription.

• Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Quicken Kristina

Since Quicken has failed to resolve this issue since 7/3/23, do not renew my subscription. [Edited - Readability]

Forward this to whoever you need to, but I am done.

• BritishBoy
    Options

I also have 2 x 401k accounts connected to quicken. One of the stopped downloads transactions first week of July and has not worked since, still broken. The other on started download 'unknow' securities' and doubling the value of the account.

• Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

BritishBoy

I tried several times to delete and then add the account, then Quicken would somehow double the total. It's usually an equal amount of cash added that I could just delete. But there are weekly contributions and it will not download any of them. [Removed - No Solicitation]

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply @Tony Luers,

The Community is a forum where users help each other and there are a handful of moderators like myself who can do some troubleshooting with you. Posts on the Community are not the same as contacting Quicken Support. Did you reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance, as I recommended earlier in this thread?

If you wish to turn off auto renew for your subscription, Moderators are not able to do that for you, but you can turn it off by following the directions in this article, or by reaching out to Quicken Support directly for assistance. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Wanted to provide an update on the issue of the Fidelity NetBenefits not updating. This issue started about July 7th. Since there are always issues with Quicken and Fidelity, I did not bother calling "Quicken Support". For whatever reason that only God knows, on 11/7 it finally update a transaction on it's own. So it only took Quicken 4 months to figure it out. We'll see if next week's transaction downloads or this was just a glitch. I don't have my history anymore, but at least it's updating.

• mjdempsey
    Options

I've been manually entering transactions since July 7. Today, I tried to do an online update on my Fidelity NetBenefits account (after doing a backup first). I had no new transactions since I last manually entered them, but it did not mess with account. I still have the correct number of shares for each fund with this account. That's encouraging. We'll see what happens when I have actual transactions to download.

• Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    Options

https://community.quicken.com/profile/mjdempsey Hopefully they finally found and fixed the issue. I was shocked when I was updating that I had a transaction. Interesting thing was I also had 3 prior transactions, but none of those appeared, only the 11/7 one.

This discussion has been closed.