Barclaycard CC-800

Options
Brad2
Brad2 Member ✭✭✭

Barclaycard CC-800 Everyday for the past week or so, I get this error. I delete the account and re-create it and I get the same (or similar) error again the next day!

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Brad2,

If you've deactivated or deleted an account and then restored a Quicken backup file, you'll receive a CC-800 error. You may follow this link to access a Quicken Support Article which discusses more information and troubleshooting steps regarding this issue. It is highly recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

Please reach back out to let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Brad2
    Brad2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I never deactivated or deleted an account and then restored a Quicken backup file but I've tried the troubleshooting steps regarding this issue…many times. Still get the error again the next day. Previously, I was getting a similar error with a different bank but once that was resolved, it started happening with this bank (Barclaycard).

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Brad2,

Due to the troubleshooting steps failing to resolve the issue, I suggest contacting Quicken Support directly as an escalation may be in order.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 a.m. PT to 5:00 p.m. PT, Monday through Friday.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Brad2
    Brad2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

That issue seems to have resolved itself the other day. Now I have a new issue with Cit Bank as of this morning but this time it's a cc-569 error. I tried deactivating the accounts in Quicken and re-setting them for online but I get an error as well stating to try again later.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Brad2,

I am happy to hear that the issue with Barclaycard appears to have resolved itself.

A CC-569 error occurs when the downloaded data does not match your Quicken account data. It's possible that the account number, or other identifying information about this account, has changed.

It sounds like you already followed some of the steps in this article; can you confirm that you did all of the steps below?  If not, please give it another shot and let us know the results.

First, backup your Quicken file.

Ensure you are on the latest release of Quicken

You can check for program updates by going to Help > Check for Updates. If you do not see this option, you can check for updates via the One Step Update. Just follow the steps below:  

1. Select Tools, then choose One Step Update.
    2. Enter your credentials if prompted.
    3. Click Update Now.
      • If an update to Quicken is available, Quicken displays a window that describes what's in the update, as well as brief instructions for downloading the update.
      • You'll need to exit Quicken to run the update program.
      • When you exit, all your work is saved, and you can resume working as soon as the update finishes.

Then, refresh your online account information

1. From your account register, select the Actions gear icon at the upper right of your register (Ctrl + Shift + N).
    2. Then select Update Now.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
    4. Repeat these steps for each financial institution experiencing this error.

If the issue persists

If you are still having issues after completing the above instructions, Deactivate and Reactivate online services for the account:

1. Open the account register and accept any downloaded transactions.
    2. Choose Tools menu > Account List.
    3. Click the Edit button next to the account you want to deactivate.
    4. In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
    5. Click Deactivate, and then click Yes to deactivate online services.
    6. Click OK when prompted to confirm your choice.
    7. Complete this for every account you have with the affected financial institution.
    8. On the Online Services tab, click the Set up Now button.
    9. Type in the financial institution name and walk through the wizard.
    10. Choose LINK on the screen displayed after Quicken finds the available accounts at the financial institution for your login credentials and carefully link to your existing Quicken account(s).

-Quicken Jasmine

• Brad2
    Brad2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Unsuccessful. I see that others are having the same issue though.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Brad2,

Since the troubleshooting steps in the Support Article failed to resolve the issue, we recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for further assistance as an escalation may be in order.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 a.m. PT to 5:00 p.m. PT, Monday through Friday.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Howard Hoffman
    Options

I'm having problem of CC-800 for a week now. Followed the step in the article but it does not help. It actually downloaded transaction but the error message persists. What can be done?

• Shahzad Ansari
    Options

I am having the exact same issue with Barclays, Amazon Store Card (Synchrony) & Citibank…. it seems to be a chronic issue with Quicken now… quality seems to have gone downhill since the subscription model unfortunately :(

• Brad2
    Brad2 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

It stopped for a while but it started again last night. I'll deactivate then reactivate one account that's having the issue, then a different account will have an issue the next time I synch. Is there a maximum number of accounts that Quicken can handle?? This sucks!

This discussion has been closed.