E*TRADE Update Error OL-295 (WINDOWS)

Options
124»

Answers

• MarkTrue
    MarkTrue Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Direct Connect working again at 9:00pm eastern.

No change to password and no account reset.

Problem appears to be fixed.

• billr
    billr Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I an using Direct Connect when it worked for me today. This whole issue makes no sense. You would think ETrade and/or Quicken would communicate as to the problem.

• wseltzer
    wseltzer Member
    Options

After deactivating/activating "Online Services" in Quicken for my E*Trade accounts, I was able to connect today.

• craigin805
    craigin805 Member ✭✭
    Options

mine doesn't work, asks me if i changed my password recently. i get cc-503 errors

When i download, it shows etrade twice in one step update. It shows quicken etrade, and quicken etrade loans. all i have is a regular brokerage and roth account.

• the3roots
    the3roots Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Mine is working too via Direct Connect, as of 5:00 pm today. But, looking over these posts (i.e., @JFM88 's from 8:04 pm today), It sounds like we will be asked later to switch our connection method from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect or Express Web Connect+. Is that what how we are supposed to understand Quicken's memo from September 12th, 2023 (Article ID: GEN00781) that JFM88 was referencing? Also, from looking at @tjlee089's message from 8:52 pm today, we may need to enter/re-enter some information on our E-Trade accounts.

I don't recall receiving anything from Quicken or E-Trade that a change in the connection method would be required. @Quicken, is there anything else that you can share regarding this?

• H2Ocpa
    H2Ocpa Member
    Options

FWIW, my E*Trade bank account works fine. Error only occurs on a brokerage account.

For a variety of reasons, this being one of them, I moved everything to Fidelity. The Morgan Stanley mashup has been a disaster. Be sure to read their terms; some nice woke nuggets buried in the fine print, like their right to refuse who they'll pay.

• BasicUser222
    Options

Mine is working again as of 11/14/23. I reconnected the accounts with the "Quicken E*Trade" connection.

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Reactivated successfully and its working again. But now Fidelity is giving OL-362-A Your financial institution has downloaded data for an account that does not exist in your quicken da…

wags Glad to be here!

• tjlee089
    tjlee089 Member ✭✭
    Options

I had this happen with a Raymond James account for this first time recently. Rebooted, redownloaded, problem error did not recur. I did have an account that had long since been closed.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Thanks for confirming that reactivation resolved this issue for you.

If you are having an issue with Fidelity, please start a new thread regarding that. If you do that, be sure to be mention whether your issue is with Fidelity Investments or Fidelity NetBenefits.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Paul Guagliardo
    Options

Resolved on 11/13/2023.

• spenmay1943
    spenmay1943 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have all of the same problems as everyone else. I have tried all of the same actions and with the same results. I guess we wait until Quicken and E*TRADE solves the issue. I guess it probably is caused with the change to JP Morgan

• GTmem
    GTmem Member ✭✭
    Options

Problem was resolved for me in the last 20 minutes. Had to start over like a new connection. But it worked fine.

• Movie Nut
    Movie Nut Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken support posted that it was an Etrade issue.

I have no updates from Etrade on this issue.

My Direct Connect worked as of yesterday.

"No Matter Where You Go, There You Are"
    Windows 11 Pro, Quicken Subscription
    Intel Core i7-12700, 32GB Ram
  • daleblair
    Options

My Quicken download (One Step Update) from ETrade just now worked successfully, along with another download from another brokerage.

• bdmcmurdo
    bdmcmurdo Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem, it is now evening on 11/14, and still without a resolution. This is a very important part of my financial life and I'm getting quite peeved.

• Gregg107
    Gregg107 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

When I started getting an error, I deactivated e*trade from online connectivity in QW (several days ago). I too got unexpected notices from e*trade that my account was locked. I suspect a bug in OSU's backend was hammering e*trade with logins causing the FI (e*trade) to lock accounts. After resetting my account pw and verifying successful login via etrade.com I waited a few days and today reconnected e*trade in QW with no errors.

• lgent8
    lgent8 Member ✭✭
    Options

it worked a couple days and now Nov 16 9 07 am est started again.

• lgent8
    lgent8 Member ✭✭
    Options

I deleted etrade password in quicken password vault, put it back in and etrade update worked.

• spenmay1943
    spenmay1943 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have done everything to correct this update problem. Basically, everything everyone else has done. This morning everything updated just fine. I believe it was corrected by E*Trade or Quicken. I guess it doesn't matter as long as it works. 😅

• TomSHEB
    TomSHEB Member ✭✭
    Options

ETRADE downloads still not working. When is this going to be fixed?

• craig
    craig Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It started working earlier this week. I would try deactivating Online and starting over. Worked like a charm.

• jasonp_austin
    Options

I called Etrade and the rep there helped me. I disconnected the account, then reconnected it (using bank Quicken*Etrade). After entering username/pass/2FA# Quicken was able to connected and downloaded all my shares & cash balance. However it did a bulk remove shares then add shares so all the share history is gone and cost basis is from when I downloaded. This is grossly incorrect.

Anybody else see that?

• jasonp_austin
    Options

Ok, I deleted all the add share/remove share transactions and now price history is correct. But then I downloaded again and saw on the last two dividend transactions (last few days) it had added a $0.05 or $0.06 commission cost so threw off the price per share. I've never seen that issue before, but looking back in transaction history I did see one more with a $0.01 commission.

• the3roots
    the3roots Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This still seems to be working for me since November 14th with Direct Connect.

I'd like to know with the people that had problems before and it is working now, did any of you switch your connection method from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect or Express Web Connect+?

I'm curious if we should be using Express Web Connect or Express Web Connect+ instead of Direct Connect long term.

• jasonp_austin
    Options

Only choice I got when I setup the connection to Quicken*Etrade was Direct Connect (Quicken for Mac, latest version).

This discussion has been closed.