Citibank CC-800 Yet Again

Options
jlz0418
jlz0418 Member ✭✭

Seems to be an ongoing problem. Been getting CC-800 for my Citibank accounts. Other files that I update for family members with Citibank account have no problems. Yesterday the CC-800 reverted to a CC-502 and a short time later back to CC-800. I've reported the issues for the past several days but no resolution.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @jlz0418,

How long have you been receiving a CC-800 error message with CitiBank? Have you attempted any troubleshooting steps thus far?

Also, when you say that you have reported the issue, do you mean that you submitted your logs via your Quicken desktop application?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jlz0418
    jlz0418 Member ✭✭
    Options

Since at least sometime last week. Perhaps as early as Tuesday. And yes, I've tried trouble shooting. I have reset each of the accounts I have at CityBank. That did nothing. Although it probably proved one thing, that this is not a server problem because the reset identified each of the accounts there. This morning I actually deactivated one of the accounts and then reactivated. Again, it found each of my CityBank accounts. Allowed me to Link to the account I reactivated. I've sent trouble logs each day I received the error to what avail I don't know because apparently no one looks at them. I should also mention that I have other Quicken files I manage for family members with CitiBank accounts, and I have no issue with one-step update. Also, I believe it was Saturday, instead of CC-800 I received a CC-502. But then when I tried one-step update again, I received CC-800. I also tried Update Now from the settings dialogue for each of the accounts. That did nothing. After 20 years of using this product I'm starting to lose faith in it.

• jlz0418
    jlz0418 Member ✭✭
    Options

Adding to my comment above, I just deactivated every account I hold at CitiBank and then set them up in Quicken again. Before setup each account was deactivated. As I set them up again, Quicken found each of the accounts at Citibank and allowed me to link them to their corresponding accounts in Quicken. Obviously, Quicken is connecting to the CitiBank Servers. A CC-800 is accompanied with the message that "It appears that one or more account(s) at Citibank have been deleted". This obviously is not the case. At this point Quicken is becoming useless to me.

• Steven Gelfond
    Options

CC-502 error today for me for 1 of my 2 Citibank accounts. Direct connect account is fine; the Web Express connection is having the issue. I don't recall why these 2 account (2 separate 'sponsored' credit cards with CitiBank) have different connection methods.

• cbraudy
    cbraudy Member ✭✭
    Options

I've been getting the CC-800 for perhaps a week now with two Citi credit card accounts. Yet, the recent activity IS getting downloaded. I've also tried the de-activate / activate steps …. but that message continues to reappear on EVERY one-step update.

Has anyone figured out what to do here to get that message to go away.

• MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Maybe I (or we) should just close the CitiBank related cards! 😁

• bmbass
    bmbass Member ✭✭
    Options

This is happening to me with Ally and AmEx Bank accounts. I have followed the "CC-800 Error Repair" instructions two separate times, but every one step update after re-adding my accounts, I get a new CC-800. This started 12/3/23 in the evening. I have NOT restored from a backup and have NOT removed any of my accounts. Something is messed up on the Quicken side of things and needs to be fixed.

• MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Like bmbass, another day, another CC-800 for Citibank. Followed all of the advice.

What to do, What to do…

Mr. Zipp

• Ransom
    Ransom Member
    Options

I am having same problem. I have tried several time to reactivate account, i have even deleted and re-added the citibank (BestBuy) account. Every time the account downloads the correct transactions and reconciliation work correctly. It's not until I do a one-step update, does the problem reappear.

• MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Feels like we're all cursed with this issue! Once again, my JCPenney (via Citibank) has no transactions (nor have there been any for months), but a CC-800 again. I'll try the Support route. Good luck to you!

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, has happened to me with Citi and Chase many times. It's totally random. I've found that if I ignore it for a few days to a week it'll magically go away. Although sometimes I have to do the whole deactivate-reactivate thing, which will fix it for a week or two and then it'll magically happen later again. At this point I've just given up on Quicken being able to reliably download stuff. It wouldn't be as bad if I wasn't forced to pay for the ability to download.

• MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Wow. I hope it doesn't get this bad with me. Been with Quicken since later '90's. Maybe a real fix is coming for all of us😏

• MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Seems like in a perfect world, someone might be able to make this work!

Hopefully, that day will come soon…

Mr. Zipp

• cyberphile
    cyberphile Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This started happening to me also since Dec 8th or 9th.

• MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Well, thanks for reporting it, too. I've submitted a couple trouble reports via Quicken Support. Let's hope your comment will help to get this fixed..

Mr. Zipp

• Flinkyr
    Flinkyr Member
    Options

Another chime-in from the peanut gallery… Whaddup here? My AMEX accounts have gone CC-800 since 12/11/2023. Right after the R53.26 update!?

Please Quicken, fix this!

• MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Let's Chant!

• MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Curious why no one from Quicken has tried to contact me about this. ??

• Robert Ireland
    Options

My problem is similar - I have two separate accounts with separate logins at Nordstrom. One updates consistently rock solid. The other gives CC-800. If I 'reset" the account, it will update correctly once, then reverts to CC-800. I have tried all the troubleshooting, even fully deleted the account and an re-added to start it fresh. Same result. Both accounts look like identical setups on the Quicken side as well as logging into the accounts at the vendor website.

• cheez1950
    cheez1950 Member ✭✭
    Options

My problem is similar.

Quicken had a forced software update for me 2 days ago. All of my linked accounts were required to be reactivated, then activated. Had no software update issues. All my online accounts update/download satisfactorily. Even performed a file validation with no damaged file data issues.

However, each day for the last 2 days, I've received a CC-800 error code for my CitiBank credit card (Citi-ATT credit card in my case). Transactions are downloaded, but the error code comes up daily. I've deactivated and reactivated this card for 2 days and have not resolved this continuing error code.

The only explanation that makes any sense to me is there is a bug with the recent software update. I believe Quicken issued a statement several months ago to go thru the deactivate/reactivate process as their programming to link "all" banks changed recently.

I'll call tech support next week during normal hours for follow-up and based upon the prior responses, I will not have high expectations.

• MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Good luck with your call. I did that, too. Fixed one problem. Let's hope they can come up with some help

Happy Holidays

Mr Zipp

• MichaelM352
    Options

i have deleted accounts, deactivated, reset cloud data, the CC800 error will not go away. Followed many of the suggestions in the posts. It randomly goes from one institution to another, it is not tied to one bank or another. I have 9 different banks I am trying to sync with and they all fail at one point or another. In addition to the unreliable connection, the resetting and reactivating causes issues with the downloading and adjustments I make in other non-online accounts. this is awful and seems to be a big bug in the software judging by the HUNDREDS of posts about it over the past couple of YEARS!!! I simply cannot use the product and have spent too much time just trying to get it to work and not doing my books!

FIX IT INTUIT OR SAY YOU CANT AND GIVE US A REFUND!

• MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I, of course, have no contact with Quicken other than the channels you have pursued. For me, after a period ( about a month), all of my FI's are working fine. I feel your frustration. I am a long term Quicken user - somewhere in the 25-30 year range, and don't intend to leave. I have personally used Quicken successfully to help me meet so many life events - from college for the kids to retirement.

But I see and deeply understand your frustration. I wish I could help and I hope the Quicken folks might solve this for you - and others. Best wishes on this Journey - I don't see any other software capable of meeting my goals. Again, I don't know yours.

Mr Zipp

• nelaco
    nelaco Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've been having this issue for over a month as well. Quicken team, any update on this please?

• griffithjerryl
    Options

I have been having the CC-800 error every day for a couple of months. I follow the "Fix It" steps of deactivating and reactivating my Citi Bank account to no avail. The current Citi Bank activity downloads for me like one other user indicated it did for them, but the CC-800 error refuses to go away. Has Quicken or a user come up with the fix for this yet? At least it does download current activity for Citi Bank, then it displays the error message, so I just need to ignore the error message from now on and live with it because it appears nothing has been or will ever be done by Quicken to resolve the Error code for the message. Seems like we are all going to have to live with that error forever or at least as long as we have accounts with Citi or we die from complications initiated by the CCP (Chinese Communist Parry) virus deadly vaccine.

• MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I just received an email yesterday that says the Citibank area is undergoing changes and these should be done within the next 30 days.

So, after a long time, it looks like the fixes will hopefully clear this up.

Mr. Zipp

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

RE: Has Quicken or a user come up with the fix for this yet?

@griffithjerryl

Feel free to review this post where I outlined how I resolved a similar issue in six steps along with some notes. I suggest that you read the entire post from the beginning to the end first to understand the background, the method I used to resolve it, as well as another alternative using Quicken's copy/template option.

In my experience, this error is not directly related to a financial institution (FI), rather I believe it is a result of your Quicken's data file (that you have on your computer) getting out of sync with its associated cloud "data set" (which resides on Quicken's servers). Even if your Sync is turned off, the cloud "data set" still plays a role.

Good luck

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• wjslam
    wjslam Member ✭✭
    Options

I experienced this same cc-800 and tried many fixes which did not work for me. It finally occurred to me that I had multiple files (not accounts) that had EWC activated for the same financial institutions. I went into each of those files and deactivated all accounts in each of the files except the one I use daily. After that, I followed the exact instructions given by Quicken to deactivate accounts in my current file. I then turned off cloud synch and logged out of Quicken for an hour. I then logged into Quicken and activated online downloads for all my accounts. This has been working without issue for a week so far.

My theory is that certain financial institutions get confused when a given user downloads transactions from two or more different Quicken files. Having only one file with online access /EWC seems be a possible solution, at least in my case. YMMV.

This discussion has been closed.