Citibank Credit Card Transactions Not downloading

Options

I am running Quicken Premier and Win 10. On 12 7 2023 I found credit card transactions on Citibank that posted were not downloading when I hit One Step Update . I was able to download them from directly from Citibank into Quicken.

Has anyone else experienced an issue with Citibank ?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @jjrichards,

Are you receiving any error codes or messages? Are you consistently missing transactions during downloads with CitiBank or is this just a one-time occurrance?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jjrichards
    jjrichards Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Jasmine:

I had to wait until today since Citibank downloads Friday-Monday on Tuesday . On my account I have four transactions that show as posted and did not download. I hit One Step Update and also went into the Individual Citibank Credit card account and in the " wheel" hit update now no success .

I really do not like to disconnect and reconnect the account . Suggestions ?

• jjrichards
    jjrichards Member ✭✭
    Options

Jasmine:

Forgot to answer one question , I do NOT receive error messages

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

For Citi credit cards only, not checking or other type of Citi accounts:

Deactivate and then reactivate the credit card accounts. When reactivating use Tools Menu / Add Account and select "Citi Cards" as the bank name.
    This will give you a reliable "Direct Connect" download connection which has been working for me for years.

• jjrichards
    jjrichards Member ✭✭
    Options

UKR:

I have not tried your suggestion yet. Deactivated and reactivated account outside the Tools Menu with no success. My fear is that I lose all my prior transactions . I have backed up , however strange all of a sudden the transactions stopped downloading .

Jeff

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @jjrichards,

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

• jjrichards
    jjrichards Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Jasmine

An update . During the past five days I was downloading the transactions from Citibank into Quicken. I ran One step update this morning and one transaction did automatically load. I have two pending . I will update you tomorrow and see if these download .

• Michael Lynch
    Michael Lynch Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I also continue to have a problem with Citibank getting error code CC-502 ("wait a while and try again please")

This seems to be from my Citibank AT&T credit card which has been inactive since my May 4th statement, I have not used nor cancelled my card since then but only started getting a CC-502 error very recently.

I do still receive data downloads from another Citibank account.

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

IMO, this issue is ongoing with Quicken, and multiple providers/accounts. Chase, Amex users have been reporting this issue for a few weeks now. I've had it happen 2-3 times with Discover in the past. Now Citibank (meaning now users are reporting this issue with Citi).

IMO, the biggest issue is there's NO error messages (probably because Quicken is connecting, doesn't see anything, or think it needs to download anything, so no errors). So we go blindly about our business until the monthly statement hits and then are like, "whoa, I have a lot of charges missing".

The only "fixes" to this issue (other than Amex) that seemed to work for me, were to deactivate ALL accounts with said provider, and then re-activate, which is a total PITA. And then wait/see/hope that it doesn't happen again in another set of weeks/months.

• Dockle
    Dockle Member
    Options

I am having the same problem with Citibank credit cards (I have 2). I first RESET and then DEACTIVATED/REACTIVATED to no avail. If anyone figures out the problem, please chime in.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited January 5
    Options

Hello All,

It is of great assistance to submit your log files to Quicken for us to properly investigate this issue as well as the causes and potential solutions.

Please follow the instructions located in my previous response and let us know once you have done so.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Ken197
    Ken197 Member ✭✭
    Options

The only way I get et my transactions is download direct from Citibank. And there are no error messages. Very frustrating!

• jjrichards
    jjrichards Member ✭✭
    Options

Ken:

After four days in early December when my credit card transactions were not downloading , my Citibank credit card transactions are downloading properly.

• redcoat500
    redcoat500 Member
    Options

I have the same problem when downloading transactions to Quicken from citibank cards. on just one account. the other citibank cards work. when i try to download to the account it says successfully downloaded but nothing is downloaded.

• robert_franklin
    Options

hi - I have 4 citi business credit card accounts that all stopped downloading transactions at the end of January. After re-authorizing the accounts multiple times, I reported the problem, shipped the requested data files. No response after 2 days - so I called support, and had a difficult conversation with the tech - eventually got a supervisor (who spoke better english) and who gave me a ticket # 021-524, and a direct phone number, but said the issue was with Citi. So I called Citi - we tried a update for a single account - not working, and they suggested I do an export, which I did on one account, and imported the transactions to Quicken - and discovered that quicken duplicated a ton of transactions. So I have had to revert to a backup copy, that does not have any February credit card transactions. I am using R54.16 - which I am told is current. Grrr!

• bwdon
    bwdon Member ✭✭
    Options

I had the same problem after I changed my Citibank logon to 2-Factor Authentication (2FA). It wouldn't connect no matter what I chose. I turned of the 2FA and now everything works.

Since my BofA login uses 2FA and Quicken works fine with them, I have to believe this is some kind of limitation imposed by Citibank.

(But I am JUST a customer of Quicken and Citibank, both of whom don't seem to be very forthcoming.)

• TZ01
    TZ01 Member ✭✭
    Options

has this been resolved? I am still having the same problem. none of the Citibank credit card transactions are downloading. I had a case open, was told after the switching of authorization, it works for some users but not for other users, but it has been a while, are there any resolutions to this issue?

This discussion has been closed.