Fidelity cash management account detailed transactions

Options
cs12
cs12 Member

It looks like Fidelity no longer supports detailed transactions in CMA. When I try to track it, I see this message: Fidelity-Investments & Retirement does not support downloading detailed investment information. If you want to use Detailed Tracking, you must disconnect this account and manually enter your investment transactions. Is there no way to view Payment/Deposit transactions in CMA anymore?

Comments

• SRC1954
    SRC1954 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I had the same problem and it won't do. I need transactions for my Brokerage account. I went back to the old connection but it wants me to update it every time I download. So far, I just say no.

Steve
    MS Money/Quicken Classic since 1991
    Quicken Simplifi since 2021

• jamesdn
    jamesdn Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Same problem for me. Just say no seems to be the best option for the time being.

• coly8s
    coly8s Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem here!

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2023
    Options

All my Fidelity accounts are still working fine using Direct Connect (well, all except the credit card which doesn't allow that). Try switching to that if you can.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• coly8s
    coly8s Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I contacted Quicken support and they told me Fidelity made the decision (Edit: they were wrong). So I called Fidelity and they said yes they made the decision (Edit: person that told me this apparently made it up and didn't actually know anything). Why? Couldn’t answer. Who? Couldn’t answer. I’m trying to find out where to address my concern.

Edit: I finally got through to Fidelity Electronic Channel Support. They told me that while they did update the connection method (security related) there was no intent to break any functionality we currently have with Quicken. The person I spoke with said that they would flag the issue, but didn't promise any immediate resolution. They haven't heard of a lot of problems yet, so y'all need to call in and bombard Fidelity and Quicken both to get this resolved.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello All,

I truly apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused.

Fidelity has decided to no longer support detailed transactions within their API. In order to support any type of downloaded information, Quicken has to connect with the financial institution's API.

I hope this clarifies things.

Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• coly8s
    coly8s Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken Jasmine, that is not what they told me yesterday. I spoke with their "Electronic Channel Support" and they told me that whatever connection update they made actually did, it wasn't intended to break current functionality. I note that Direct Connect still supports detailed transactions. Will that continue to work?

• Craig in ER
    Craig in ER Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Jasmine,

I don't know what you mean? Do you mean that detailed transaction downloads will not be allowed in Quicken going forward? Or, does that mean we will still be able to use the Direct Connect method with Fidelity in the future? Since I download score if not a hundred transactions a day not seeing detailed transactions is not acceptable. BTW others have noted after talking to Fidelity that Fidelity says it is Quickens fault and that Fidelity always supports downloadable transaction details.

This discussion has been closed.