Anybody else having trouble with the New Report Customization window?

Options
Diana
Diana Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2023 in Reports (Windows)

The new report customization window is not really an improvement for me personally. Just wondering if other people have discovered any issues beyond the ones I've found?

1- If you revert to the old customization window, creating a report (for me at least) is switched to not including "cents" so I have to reselect it. Not a big deal but annoying

2- When I tried to generate a report using the old customization window, foreign currencies are no longer supported correctly and there are no currencies in the customization window. I am using Quicken Deluxe Canada and I have a report for a US account that now shows a mix of CDN$ and US$ on different lines of a very simple report. Report shows individual entries in CDN$ but the totals are in US$. Very weird.

3- Entering dates is much more difficult in the new customize report window. I used to just click on the date field and type in 6 digits for the date and it would replace the old date with the correct new date. No longer. Now I have to open the calendar pop-up (annoying), or click on each individual part of the date (e.g. day portion of the date) to enter and then click the next part (e.g. month) etc… And entering the '/' as a separator for the date no longer jumps to the next tuple in the date.

I'm sure there are other things that I have not found. I noticed that many people have commented on the new report customization window. Hopefully Quicken is paying attention?

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I'm not seeing #1. If you want to provide click-by-click instructions, I'll try to reproduce it.

I don't have multiple currencies, so I can't test #2.

I do see #3. The date field is broken as you describe. You can't just type the date and it does not accept the "/" as date fields have done for 30 years.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

On #2 I'm on the US version so it could be different, but I think it is the same (mostly because I think they are the same program now).

Could it be they just moved the setting?

Maybe a screenshot from yours will help.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • fciani
    fciani Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes. I am also seeing strange behavior - such as a report ending date when including all dates populates as 10/5/2107. Also, the functionality to include transfers or not is not functioning properly. Setting/unsetting this option doesn't change the report. Reports already saved with transfers included are not showing all the accounts as they did before the most recent upgrade.

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm having trouble with saving the dates. If I select a date period and then save the report when I open the report it reverts back to the dates before the save. This doesn't happen with the old window.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would like to point out that people should also be using Help → Report a problem to let them know about such problems. You can also this and it will ask for feedback on why you are switching back.

Signature:
  • RichardCSchreyer
    RichardCSchreyer Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you use My Saved Reports to access the report it will have your saved dates….if you select from the Reports and Graphs center it does not use customized dates…..A bug that has been reported

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The more reports Quicken receives, the higher priority they will give to fixes.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Diana
    Diana Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Chris_QPW

I have reported the report issues numerous times (in the same way as you pointed out). But since there is no acknowledgement or email back from Quicken, it is really difficult to know if my feedback is actually received by Quicken.

• Randy 415
    Randy 415 Windows Beta Beta
    Options

As it is year-end, I am revising about two dozen reports. I have found a few unusual features of the new reports system. Not worth reporting, just weird mouse activations, clicks and such. I get used to it. Yes, it is a bug and a design flaw. but too much hassle to report.

• Diana
    Diana Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This is the type of thing I am seeing when I try to generate a dividend income report in Quicken Canada Deluxe. It's a US dollar account. The Currency selection is blank. The "cents (no rounding)" is not set even though I've always had it set until this bug showed up.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, this is definitely a bug that they introduced in the latest versions when they created the new customize dialog feature.

If I go back to R52.28 this problem doesn't exist (and neither does the new customize dialog).

Signature:
  • Diana
    Diana Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Here is the real problem I had with the old/new USD and CAD reports. I really just want the report in USD, not a combination of both CAD and USD: (I am using Quicken Canada Deluxe).

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Diana Are you using the new customize dialog where you can set the currency properly?

What see of yours it looks like exactly what I would expect for a USD account being displayed in CAD.

Example, I entered buys of 1,000 in both a USD and CAD accounts (Brokerage is USD, Brokerage2 is CAD), and a dividend of 1,00 in both accounts and have the currency set to CAD:

The USD accounts/transactions amounts are being converted by the exchange rate, but the CAD accounts/transactions aren't, just as I would expect.

Switching to USD for the report:

Signature:
  • reconciling issues
    Options

Today, I noticed all my reports saved in My Saved Reports and Graphs have lost their custom date from previous years. Now they all default to year to date - 1/1/2024 - 1/4/2024. The custom dates were all restored when I went back to the earlier version. Please fix this bug.

• jstibrich
    jstibrich Member
    Options

Same problem. This will be a real problem when trying to generate reports for 2023 taxes.

• gsakal02134
    gsakal02134 Member ✭✭
    Options

I was attempting to customize a "Spending" report - Itemized Categories.

I cleared all the accounts, then checked one (my primary checking account)

I cleared all categories, then checked one.

When I attempted to choose a single payee, the program crashed. This happened three times, so I gave up, and retrieved the data in another way.