Security Reports Customizing Changed?

Options
craig
craig Member ✭✭✭
edited January 21 in Investing (Windows)

I run individual security reports on all my individual holdings when I reach 100 shares to print. I have done this literally hundreds of times. Now I cannot delete columns prior to printing. I can drag them to not show….but I always was able to delete them. There are 13 columns in each report so they do not fit on 1 page. I only have used 8 in past on each report. DATE ACTION SYMBOL CATEGORY QUOTE/PRICE SHARES AMT INVESTED and CASH+INVESTMENT. I have no need for ACCT ACTION SECURITY MEMO COMMISSION and CASH. (sorry for detail just trying to be clear. ) I want to simply delete columns. But in the settings where it says SHOW COLUMNS it is now BLANK. BUG?? Just wondering if anyone else noticed this and is as OC on Reports as I am 😁THANKS!

Best Answer

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What exact version of Quicken are you on? I have two computers. The one I consider my "production" machine is on R53.16. My testing computer is on R53.26. I don't see this problem on either machine when running an investment transaction report (you also didn't say exactly which report you are running but it sounds like the Investment Transaction report based on the columns).

Also, I assume you are trying to run and customize a standard Quicken report, not one you had saved previously?

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I ran a "security report" from a security detail view with no problem. Are you running from a previously customized report? If so you can go to preferences; at the very bottom choose early access to turn off recent changes to see if that is the issue.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• craig
    craig Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Just updated to R53.26. 27.1.53.26. Windows 11 Enterprise. For Example I run reports on SINGLE Securities at a time. (I have over 50) You are correct running NEW not editing or using a saved one. Steps I take. Right click security. Select SECURITY REPORT. IN upper corner select CUSTOMIZE REPORT. That opens the window at least for me that shows 8 TABS. In DISPLAY box to the right it has SHOW COLUMNS. That is now blank. So no columns that I can UNCHECK. I always would uncheck ACCT, SECURITY (i just use SYMBOL) , MEMO, COMMISSION and CASH. I just want the other 8 columns in report so I can fit report on 1 page. Hope this explains my quandry 😀 Thank You for your reply!

• craig
    craig Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Bob I can run report fine. It is customization that has changed for me. Thanks!

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did you try turning off "early access" as I mentioned?

• craig
    craig Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Bob I am not seeing or understanding the early access function. Again I run NEW REPORT….I do not edit or update any previous saved. Matter of fact I rarely save a report. I print what I want and like hard copy in a binder. Thanks for any other help!

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you running latest version? Try checking for an update under the help menu to see if you are up to date. Update if not.

• craig
    craig Member ✭✭✭
    Options

UPDATED. Mentioned in previous reply. I sent a report to Quicken via help menu. Something has changed Bob. I have used Quicken since its inception over 30 years ago. I use daily and have run hundreds of reports. Thanks.

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Craig, the early access is a setting in preferences that controls what version of the report customization screens you see. They introduced new versions recently but you have the ability to still use the old ones if you want.

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is the "reset" button available in the show columns window? If so choose reset.

• craig
    craig Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I just now saw Early Access. I have neither box checked. Wonder if i should try checking them? Thanks for pointing out.

• craig
    craig Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Guys THANKS! At least for NOW checking those 2 boxes in early access brought my ability to choose columns BACK! Thanks to you Bob and to bmciance!! :)

EDIT: Now wondering why if I checked them that means they are now EARLY. If they were unchecked should nothing have changed?? Oh well good for the moment!

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's interesting. So you are still using the old screens anyway. I guess it is worth trying to see what happens.

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Great! Yes, it is interesting because that means the original screen (where nothing should have changed) was not working for you but the new one is.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I see the same thing in R53.26. For some reports, using what should be the unchanged old interface, the list of columns to show is empty and Reset Columns does not fix it. I have to use the new interface to customize columns. Organization is also empty.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• craig
    craig Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Mr. Squirrel so glad I am not the only one this was happening to! It is very important to be able to only use columns that you want to use (IMO) Thanks!

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Actually, I think it is something specific with R53.26 with the Easy Access options off. R53.16 works fine either way but with R53.26 it only works with the options on. With them turned off, I see what you see - the columns are not there to select.

• craig
    craig Member ✭✭✭
    Options

bm…..see as I told my wife I am not crazy :)

• Hi All,
    Just to follow up on this, we are investigating the issue of the blank "Show Columns" section of the customize dialogue on the investment reports.

In addition to turning on the Early Access feature to restore the blank dialogue, you can also hide these columns on the report in Quicken—just hover over the column and you should see a small "x":

Click the x, and the column will be hidden; one caveat is that restoring the hidden column will require using the Show Columns setting in the report dialogue, but this is a quick way to remove them while we work on the issue.

Hope this helps—

[QWIN-22819]

Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kathryn just so you know the "Organization" and when in multiple currency mode "Currency" pulldown menus are also blank in the "old interface".

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.