Custom Dates Differ between Report Center and Saved Reports

Options
RichardCSchreyer
RichardCSchreyer Member ✭✭✭✭
edited January 23 in Reports (Windows)

If i select a saved report from Report Center it overrides saved dates and puts in default year-to-date

If I go to Saved Reports to access it, it uses the correct customized dates

Comments

• jesse@
    jesse@ Member
    Options

I run into the same problem as well. I have Quicken Windows subscription with version R53.16.

• Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I didn't see this and started another discussion. I didn't even do an update and the report menu changed within a few minutes and all my custom dates where you have circled went back to 1971. If you read below you will see I got a message that let me go back to the old report menu and all was well. Not sure what I did to get the message to return back to old format. The message also said how to change the report menu, but by then I was too PO to read- just wanted to get old format back. So not sure how to change, looked around and didn't see anyplace. Again all reports and dates were good when it put me back to old report menu.

Working with Quicken R53.16 today (12/01/2023) and running some
    reports and all was normal as far as the report menu was concerned.
    Reports were normal as usual. Then I stopped Quicken and a few minutes
    later decided to run report again. Started Quicken and the Report Menu
    was totally different than from a few minutes earlier. When you clicked
    on a report, it had very strange dates, not what I have in my custom
    report. All the dates went back to 1971, regardless of what I had in my
    reports custom reports.

Somehow, not sure what I pressed, but it
    was after getting really getting PO about all my reports and the dates, I
    get a message. Said something about how do you like the new Report……..

The message had an option to go back to old format which I did. Also, I
    could tell Quicken why I didn't like new format, but was not in the
    mood and they wouldn't like what I had to say- I needed my reports like right away. Anyway, when I told it to go
    back to old format- all was well. It used dates I had
    in the report all year long and didn't default to 1971 and force you
    into changing dates on every run of a report.

I didn't even do an update and the report menu changed. Quicken must have forced an update
    out to me without asking. That is not good

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you. 

(CTP-8308)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• diamondave
    Options

I am experiencing the same thing using the Quicken Classic Deluxe subscription version R53.16, Build 27.1.53.16. The work around using the Reports\My Saved Reports and Graphs to load the report will retain the Custom Date that the report was created with.

• kwkmjk
    kwkmjk Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same problem with the new Reports & Graphs interface still today 12/15/23 - Quicken Classic Deluxe R53.26 Build 27.1.53.26 on subscription. This new interface also "just showed up one day" and I have tried using it for about two weeks …do not like it at all…poorer clarity/contrast and especially because I lost all my custom date settings. Even when I re-enter my preferred custom dates, and re-save the report - the custom dates will not SAVE and revert to the whole year when I re-open the report to run again. I reverted back to old version of Reports & Graphs listing interface and my custom dates were still there / restored. I like the older version better anyways, so will stay with that. Has better visibility and a better/wider side drag bar. Quicken needs to fix this bug withe the new interface or I doubt anyone will like or use it.

• Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not good, wonder why Quicken pushed this out on people all of a sudden? I had been doing reports the old normal way and then all of a sudden this new menu format showed up out of the blue - I hadn't done any updates!! It's like they seen I was using Quicken and said lets test this out on this guy. It just didn't work, all my dates were back to 1971 start and all custom dates were gone.

I don't know why they would push something out like this without testing? If I wanted to be a beta tester, I would let them know.

Surprise we are not hearing more on this issue, are they really randomly throwing this out? I don't use any online functions, been using Quicken since DOS version and that is all the functionally I need. I understand they check out I have valid copy when using Quicken, but other than that leave me alone!

• RichardCSchreyer
    Options

I am a beta tester and this feature was tested. While this bug was noted there was enough good to roll it out. You still have the option to turn the new feature off if you do not like it…..What's the problem with that?

• Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The problem is software shouldn't be rolled out if there is a known bug. I spent 38 years in system software development on mainframe. last few years was Data Center Manager for the State of Kansas. We did not put out software with known bugs- it just isn't done. You wouldn't have had a job long putting out software with known issues.

On top of that forcing it on someone and making them suffer through the issues several times before any message came up asking how you like the new interface is just wrong. Would be much "user friendly" if you asked first, how would you like to try the new report interface out, it does have a few known issues, but if you want give it a try.

• DevNull
    DevNull Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I have often wondered why Quicken did not have similar to Tools —> Memorized Payees list and Category list for Reports. Saved reports have never been easy to replace the existing customized report and have historically stuck with the original data and criteria from when they were saved.

I do see where you can go to the Reports & Graph Center tab and launch reports, but are only given the option to change the date range. I would like to also change some of the other criteria in the saved report, besides changing it manually each time I run the report.

Certain rules and business practices change over time. Looks like the closest I can get to is to create folders for reports by year, under Reports —> Reports & Graph Center —> Manage Saved Reports and create folders for reports. So if I decide to change reports in 2023, I could create a folder called 2023 and continue using it until next time I need to change them - maybe…

FWIW, I've not used the above path to access reports before. I typically go Reports —> My Saved Reports & Graphs —> Report Name and just twiddle the criteria each time.

• RichardCSchreyer
    Options

If you have turned on Early Access under Preferences, when you save a customized report you have various options on what you want to have happen, by selecting the option you want you can save your updated customized report or not

• Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

It seems Quicken forced the early access on me without permission? That is something I never checked and was still forced into their new report system that does have problems.

Even in the old method, you are asked if you want to save changes if changes were made. You can save with original report name "save" or do a "save as" if wanting a new name.

I also found under early access that Quicken checked that Customize Reports was checked and that is why my prompt was different when running a report when new categories had been added. With that checked it showed ALL categories. With it unchecked, it only shows new categories added. That I believe must be another bug, seem much better to just list new and not all.

Then again, Quicken shouldn't be checking those early access preferences- leave that up to me! Or maybe that was another bug? There is an update I noticed as it keeps bugging me. It won't have anything I need or want- except to have it stop asking. I wonder if I do the update it will check those two boxes again under early access.

• Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Went ahead and did update to R53.26 and the Early Access remained unchecked this time. That is good. Still have the optimizing and executing files hang. That issues has been reported and I am not the only one experiencing it, but it still seems to update and shows update a success.

• RichardCSchreyer
    Options

Works for me, guess why they have dozens of flavors of ice cream

• Quick User 275
    Options

I have the same problem with Early Access. That is the dates in the "Reports & Graphs Centre" default to year to date. When i change dates in the report customize dialogue, it continues to default to year to date. This must be fixed as an "upgrade" it makes the saved reports completely frustrating. When i turned off the new "Early Access" the dates the report was saved with were restored. So the dates are there somewhere, just not being access in the "Early Access" version.

And, once in the report, if go to customize the date from using "Include All Dates", the customize date range defaults to year to date. Previously, this customized with the first date in the "Include All Dates" range so you did not have to know or change the start date. But note, this only happens in the dialogue box. If you use the drop down at the top of the report, it will default to the from date used in "Include All Dates".

And, preferences are set to :Customizing modifies current report or graph". BUT that is not happening, a new report is created every time and i cannot change the original report.

This seems to happen only when changing dates on drop down at top of report.

This discussion has been closed.