Sanitized File and Account Balances

Options
Geobrick
Geobrick Member ✭✭✭

Quicken recently crashed so I submitted the crash report that popped up.
Later I received an email requesting I upload a Sanitized file for analysis.

Before I send quicken the sanitized file, I want to know what a sanitized file includes. Based on what I read online, the sanitized file strips out all the account numbers, passwords, payees and categories. That's all good but it seems that if the real transaction amounts and account balances are left in the file, quicken would be able to link our net-worth with our user ID (assuming all assets are tracked in quicken).

Am I right about this? I mean, maybe they already know all this about us anyway, but I'd prefer they didn't because if they knew what we were all worth, they'd want to raise the price 😉!

Am I being overly paranoid?

Comments

• Geobrick
    Geobrick Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Chris_QPW,

I've created the sanitized zip file but haven't looked at it yet. I don't think I'm going to send it. I'm sure quicken will fix whatever caused the crash eventually.

I've also done the "Create a copy or template" recently. I did it when I was trying to fix a corrupted file. It worked. You're right that it removes all the online services. I had to re-establish online services for each account. It was worth it to have a file that passed the super validate check.

This discussion has been closed.