Discover Card not downloading

Options

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Discover is not downloading again!!

Comments

• bonneycc
    bonneycc Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue with Discovercard. I deactivated the web connect and re-enabled the connection and selected discover card. Still no new transactions would download.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @bonneycc,

To start troubleshooting, if you are not getting any error messages, I would recommend using this article on when transactions are missing or not downloading.

If you are receiving error messages when you try to update your Discover accounts, please provide more information on the error messages/error codes you are receiving so we can further assist.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• DOS
    DOS Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having same issue of new transactions not downloading for Discover it card. Last successful transaction downloaded was 9/2/23. Discover bank accounts are downloading successfully. Admittedly that was my last transaction with this card which was a Directpay Full Balance leaving a zero balance until 12/13/23. Today I noticed that the 12/13/23 credit card charge had not yet downloaded into Quicken. The online balance shown in Quicken reflected the 12/13/23 charge but the Quicken ending balance was zero. I ran "Update Now" within the account and it attempted to update all my Discover accounts. It said the update was complete with no new transactions & no error messages. I attempted to reset the account and it ask to send a verification code to my home phone number that does not receive text messages. At this point I do not know how to proceed.

• CWondergem
    CWondergem Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same issue. It seems that it has started happening after I added a second Discover account and the discover card and loan online access merged together. Prior to this I would be able to receive Discover Card transactions. Now, I receive the loan transactions but not the Discover Card transactions. I have tried resetting both accounts but nothing changes. I did notice that the Financial Institution changed from Discover Card to Discover Bank. It shows that the download happened with no errors and indicates the time and date of the update but no transactions are showing up. Any suggestions?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @CWondergem,

To troubleshoot this issue, please try connecting your Discover credit card to the Discover Card connection rather than the Discover Bank connection. To do this, first, backup your Quicken file. Next, deactivate the Discover credit card account. To reconnect it, go to Tools>Add Account, search for Discover Card, and follow the prompts. When you get to the add/link screen, carefully re-link your credit card account to the correct nickname in Quicken (if you have any bank accounts with Discover and they show up on that screen also, make sure they're showing Don't add to Quicken, since you don't want to change the connection for any Discover bank accounts.).

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• IanFrost
    IanFrost Member ✭✭
    Options

No luck for me.

• CWondergem
    CWondergem Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina,

Thank you for your response and I believe this is what ended up working. I contacted a support representative that troubleshooted a few things first, but I think this is what ultimately fixed the issue I was having.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply @CWondergem,

I'm glad to hear the issue is resolved!

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• vicdbrwski
    vicdbrwski Member ✭✭
    edited January 2
    Options

After some troubleshooting with a very helpful Quicken support representative (which included just about every other suggestion on all these Discover threads) he confirmed through my logs that Quicken is not receiving data from Discover. Also, the 'Discover Card' and 'Discover Card Account Center' FI's are still throwing CC-501's, so I cannot move my card over to that connection from 'Discover Bank' as suggested above. Interestingly, when I contacted Discover to inquire, that representative read me a statement off her script that said they were aware of this issue and had no ETA for a resolution. Yikes!

This discussion has been closed.