Thinking on Downgrading from Premier to Deluxe

Options
Dom1
Dom1 Member ✭✭
edited February 17 in Investing (Windows)

Using Windows Classic Premier and contemplating downgrading to Deluxe. I assume I can still download and import files from Vanguard and other institutions using the Deluxe version? And I assume if for some reason I found Deluxe lacking in some regard I can switch back to Premier?

PS - Couldn't find a detailed comparison between the Deluxe and Premier offerings.

Thanks

Best Answer

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I downgraded from Premier to Deluxe and wasn't a huge difference for me. The only thing to keep in mind is don't convert until your current subscription expires. I put my new Deluxe subscription code a few months early (thinking it would convert me at the end of my Premier subscription) but it converted me immediately.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12
    Options

Yes, with Deluxe you can have investing accounts and download transactions, just like Premier. Note that the Starter Edition does not support investing accounts.

You're right, the online comparisons are not very enlightening.

Premier does have some extra investing related features, but they may or may not be valuable for you. Here is what I know is different between Premier and Deluxe. You should be able to search the Help to learn more about these features. [updated per comments below]

• Portfolio X-Ray
    • Real time quotes
    • Scheduled quote updates every 15 minutes
    • Partnerships
    • RSUs
    • Crypto
    • Home value tracking via Zillow
    • Individual tax schedule reports
    • Income by Security Report
    • Lifetime Overview report

QWin Premier subscription
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If my memory is correct, the new "Income by Security" report is also limited to premier?

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16
    Options

I believe the new Lifetime Overview report is supposed to be Premier only too.

I also believe people have reported they (the developers) made a mistake, and it can be found in the Reports & Graph Center even though it can be found on Reports → Net Worth & Balances → Lifetime Overview even in the Deluxe edition, like it is on the Premier version. but at any time, they might see their mistake and remove it.

There definitely seems to have been a focus of the development to differentiate Premier from Deluxe than there was in the past.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Dom1
    Dom1 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks guys for all the input. And if I do downgrade, I can always switch back to Premier without issues, correct?

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I downgraded from Premier to Deluxe and wasn't a huge difference for me. The only thing to keep in mind is don't convert until your current subscription expires. I put my new Deluxe subscription code a few months early (thinking it would convert me at the end of my Premier subscription) but it converted me immediately.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The data file doesn't actually change when you change between editions, so you can switch back and forth if you like.

Now there is what @jfclague just mentioned. Whereas they have allowed for "extending" a subscription, by changing the ending date to 12 months after the expiring, there isn't any way to have the subscription to be for Deluxe and Premier at the same time, and no "delayed" change over.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.