Qty & Rate on split transactions

Options

Typically for groceries but also other similar transactions, I like to itemize my bill. The bill could contain item totals that are the result of a qty of the item or a rate (ex weight). I also would like this recorded and be available for later reference and reporting. The qty and rate should have decimal capability. The decimal places should be editable or at least larger than what I have seen on invoice panels.

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just confirming, you are asking to be able to enter and report on things like:

Potatoes - 10 lb - $1/lb

Bread - 2 loaves - $5/loaf

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you're asking if there's a built-in Quicken "field" for that information, then no, there's not. In a spending Account register you have text fields that could hold that information - Memo, Notes, Attachements - though there's limited space in the Memo field so you'd be limited to a handful of items.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't itemize grocery bills, but I think it would be handy to be able to track and report on gallons of gas for car fill-ups, KWH for electricity, CCF for the gas bill, etc. I think this could be handled with a single numeric Quantity field for spending transactions. Of course you could use the Memo or Notes fields for this, but you would have to export the data to Excel to get the totals.

A simpler possibility would be for Quicken reports to do a numeric conversion on the Notes field and if the result is a number, accumulate the total and include it with the total dollar amount at the bottom. The total would make most sense if the report is subtotaled by Category. It would up to the user to remember and consistently use the appropriate unit for each Category.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.