Schwab Account Download

Options

Schwab account download just stopped today (12/14). Worked fine earlier. I tried resetting the accounts on the Schwab site. Still did not work.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Saratogan,

Before we begin troubleshooting, could you please elaborate and specify exactly what happens when you attempt to download transactions? Do you receive any specific error code(s) and/or message(s) that you can provide us with here, please?

Check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• BeanCounter22
    Options

Having the same problem here. Quicken Premier Classic. R53.26. Build 27.1.53.26. No error message. Dialogue box just says "updating portfolio prices" (or something similar). Final dialogue window (attached) says update complete. However, no new transactions are downloaded. Quicken shows my last transaction as 10/31/2023 and online shows multiple transactions for November / December.

• garysmith
    garysmith Member ✭✭
    Options

Similar for one of my two Schwab accounts. One Step Update gives me a blue dot with no error code, yet there are no transactions downloaded that have not previously been accepted and there are no new transactions on the account when I sign into Schwab. This has been happening for some extended time. The other account has 4 transactions each month, and they always download just fine. Again, no error codes, no downloads, just a return of the blue dot. Opening the account in quicken and then closing it the blue dot goes away. Have done the Validation and Super Validation process with ZERO errors found, but it hasn't fixed itself.

• KyleJ
    KyleJ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Quicken Anja , I don't think think this is an issue unique to @Saratogan because I'm having a similar issue. Transactions stopped downloading. I tried to deactivate/reactivate. When I did, though, it never finishes downloading the transactions. I get this:

The One Step Update window changes from a white color to this grey color, and the update never finishes.

• chucks2
    chucks2 Member
    Options

@Quicken Anja , I'm having the exact same issue as KyleJ.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

We will be forwarding this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• skysouth
    skysouth Member
    Options

I have also been having Schwab account connection issues using Quicken Classic Mac. I receive notification that "Quicken cannot connect to this account" and click on the Reconnect button, which takes me through the process of signing into my Schwab account(s) and linking them to my Quicken accounts. This process then completes successfully, but the accounts are not updated and still show the orange button beside them. The last transactions downloaded were on 9/6/23. I have reported it as suggested above using the Report a Problem tab under Help, but realize this is just for information only and does not elicit a response. Anything else I can do rather than continuing to do the same thing expecting different results (the definition of insanity ;-) )?

• Janis M
    Janis M Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same problem with both my Schwab accounts, stopped downloading transactions in November 2023. One step update says it is processing, but hangs up, and I have to manually quit Quicken and restart, but no updates occur.

• Bru2th
    Bru2th Member
    Options

My Schwab stopped downloading 12/22/23. Tried resetting accounts. Still not working

• Rick G
    Rick G Member
    Options

I have Quicken Classic. Downloads from Schwab stopped on 1/3/24. 5 accounts. No error messages, looks "normal" yet nothing has been downloaded since 1/3/24. Schwab won't help since there is no error message. Moved some accounts from another firm in October. Everything was great, transactions downloaded correctly, better than the previous firm! Now, nothing. I've done all the usual steps, deactivate., reset. Tried connecting accounts again, go through the usual authorization steps. This latest time trying to reconnect Quicken couldn't see all the accounts at Schwab. Offered me two accounts that I don't want to download. It's getting worse not better. Lots of trades missing. Two accounts we use my wife's Schwab username/password. Three accounts we use my username/password. Everything looks correct at Schwab for permissions. 30 year Quicken user. Certainly looks like many others are having similar problems with Schwab! Schwab is the only company that I'm having download issues with. All other firms work fine (10 other firm).

• Ric Mitchell
    Ric Mitchell Member ✭✭
    Options

After converting from TD Ameritrade to Schwab, all my accounts have downloaded into Quicken without issue except one. When I try to download my mother-in-laws account, the Quicken "Add Account" page list the account name correctly but list the type of account as Savings (instead of Investing or Brokerage) and lists its nickname as an old CD that expired 10 years ago. When I try to link to the proper account there are no brokerage accounts in the list to link to. I have reached out to Quicken on the phone and the rep insisted it was a brokerage problem not setting the account up properly in Schwab, so I contacted Schwab and after an hour troubleshooting, the set up at Schwab is set up correctly as a brokerage,not checking or savings, and with me as durable power of attorney.

Please HELP !!!!!!! This is driving me insane.

• DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Win 10, Quicken Classic Premier @R54.16. Schwab not downloading transactions. I can see the transactions in the Schwab account history, but they won't download when I do OSU or manually Update Transactions for that account. This has happened before, and the next day these transactions came through.

It would helpful to explain how the update program steps through the process and who is tasked with the steps.. Is there a support FAQ on this?

• fjsingel
    fjsingel Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Win 11, Quicken Classic Premier, R54.16
    I don't know if this will help you, but my Schwab accounts started doing this today (I think). I reset the account which caused me to reauthorize it with Schwab and it fixed the problem. It seemed that only one of my 2 accounts had the problem. Specifically, the aftertax account had the problem, the IRA did not. Hope this helps.

• DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I kept trying to update the affected account and finally about two hours after the market closed, the transactions downloaded. I suspect the problem is with the Schwab server, being too busy to handle the Q requests. It is low priority for them.