Bill Pay Issue

Options

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Wells Fargo Issues - Freezes when trying to reset/disconnect [Edited]

Comments

• Ned Barker
    Ned Barker Member ✭✭
    Options

Now I am having new problems. None of my online payees work.

Downloads from the Bank are counting a previous transaction. Occurs over and over.

Although my checking account is enabled, when I select "Send," it says I don't have an account enabled for online payments.

One bill is on auto-pay but shows as Needs Attention in Bills & Income, and I cannot delete it. The status says to click fix it,

but enter is the only choice.

USAA has been in the status for days. We're working on the link. We'll let you know if we need anything else.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Ned Barker,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. When did these new issues start? For online bill pay, do you typically use the Direct Connect bill pay that sends directions straight to the financial institution (assuming your funding account is with a bank that offers that option), or do you use CheckPay/QuickPay through Quicken?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ned Barker
    Ned Barker Member ✭✭
    edited February 18
    Options

After I switched from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect.

I cannot find the Bill Manager, but I did pay two bills with check pay.

As you can see, one failed, and the other two had Check #s. I called Wells Fargo, who said they could not see them in my account. They suggested I go back to Direct Connect as they preferred it.

How do I get my three Wells Fargo accounts back to Direct Connect?

Thanks. 😊

[Edit - Removed Personal Information From Screenshot]

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

To switch back to Direct Connect, first backup your Quicken file. Then, deactivate the Wells Fargo accounts that you want to switch from Express Web Connect + to Direct Connect.

Once the accounts are deactivated, go to Tools>Add Account. Search for Wells Fargo. Click Advanced Options.

Make sure Direct Connect is selected, then follow the prompts.

When connecting by Direct Connect, you do need to authorize through the financial institution also. If you don't do so, you'll see an error message like the one below:

If you see that error, follow the directions it gives. Once you have authorized through their website, you should have 10 minutes to connect your accounts in Quicken.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• Ned Barker
    Ned Barker Member ✭✭
    Options

I get the error message and the Try Again is selected. When I select Next, I get the same result?

• Ned Barker
    Ned Barker Member ✭✭
    edited February 19
    Options

I did the visit, and all the accounts are active.

[Edited - Removed Personal Information]

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Just to confirm, was the site you visited the one listed in the error message, https://www.wellsfargo.com/fmssetup?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Ned Barker
    Ned Barker Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, it is, and this is the result. I have done this before, and it adds the account, but the register starts with today's date and no history. If I enter the actual account name, it says it is in use.

• Ned Barker
    Ned Barker Member ✭✭
    Options

You have not responded?

• Randy 415
    Randy 415 Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Does that mean we cannot use Quicken BillPay and QuickPay and CheckPay unless our checking account is Direct Connect? So if it is EWC+, these features do not work? Please clarify.

• Ned Barker
    Ned Barker Member ✭✭
    Options

They all work with Web Connect but do not work for me, so I want to return to Direct Connect. I have followed all the instructions but can't get the Bank and Quicken to link. Current status.

The Not Available are my issues.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your replies,

If you're going through the process to connect via Direct Connect and it's not working, it's possible you're affected by the issue described in this Community Alert. If that is what is happening, then the good news is that a fix is expected when R55 comes out. The bad news is that you likely won't be able to reconnect by Direct Connect until then. In the meantime, I would recommend using alternative methods to ensure your bills get paid. Since the bill pay through Direct Connect uses your financial institution's bill pay, then scheduling the payments directly through your financial institution may be the simplest alternative while waiting.

@Randy 415,

To use Quicken to send payment instructions to your financial institution, you do need to be connected by Direct Connect. If you use CheckPay/QuickPay, those are processed through a 3rd party and will work with Direct Connect, Express Web Connect, and Express Web Connect+.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• Ned Barker
    Ned Barker Member ✭✭
    Options

After many attempts I was able to link up my Wells Fargo accounts via Direct Connect and it is working.

Issue: The choices for the accounts were the Account Numbers not the Account Names at the bank.

Now when I look at the Wells Fargo Manage Connected Apps it is blank. See the 19 Feb Post for what it should show.

How can I correct this?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

To further assist, could you please provide more information? Where are you seeing the choices for accounts? If it is on the Add/Link screen, was it trying to add as new and putting the account number as the default name, or was the account number the "name" coming in from the financial institution?

The second issue sounds like something happening on Wells Fargo's website, which is beyond the scope of what I can troubleshoot. You may need to reach out to Wells Fargo for assistance with that issue. My guess is the Connected Apps section for Express Web Connect+ may be different from the section for Direct Connect.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited March 1
    Options

@Ned Barker - I think if you use Direct Connect with Wells Fargo Bank, you don't need that third party agreement. I am using Direct Connect and here is what that page shows for me.

• Ned Barker
    Ned Barker Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken Kristina: To further assist, could you please provide more information? Where are you seeing the choices for accounts? If it is on the Add/Link screen, was it trying to add as new and putting the account number as the default name YES, or was the account number the "name" coming in from the financial institution?

QuickUserPSP This is what comes up:

Looks a lot like yours. If I understand your comments that is what I should be seeing?

I also have a Credit Card that is Express Web Connect. When doing the One Step Update for all my accounts some of the transactions are missing?

Thanks to you all for your continued support.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@Ned Barker yes that is what you should be seeing if you use Direct Connect. All of my accounts at Wells Fargo uses Direct Connect. I have 2 CC accounts with them. I have never had the issue of missing transactions.

I am not sure about this, but I think there might be an issue with using different connection methods for the same FI. (DC and EWC+)?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

It sounds like the account number may be the name as it comes over from the financial institution when connecting by Direct Connect. Were you able to link it to the existing accounts, or were those accounts not showing as an option to link to?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

• Norman Drews
    Norman Drews Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@QuickUserPSP Does QuickPay work for your wells fargo accounts?

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@Norman Drews - I never used QuickPay but I have used Bank Bill Pay through Quicken, and I think that still works fine if you have DC.

• Norman Drews
    Norman Drews Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I thought Quicken had disabled that connectivity. Unfortunately, it wouldn't work for me since my primary bank is Chase.

This discussion has been closed.