Comenity Credit Card Accounts giving invalid credentials error (QMac)

Options
System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Comenity Credit Card Accounts Still not updating

Comments

• MBM
    MBM Member ✭✭
    Options

I have Quicken Classic for Mac and I have the same problem and get the "did you mis-type your info?" message.

• sproctor61
    sproctor61 Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Wife and I have them also. Both have been working with Quicken and as of today mine gets an error. Hers still works.

• Andy Crouch
    Andy Crouch Member ✭✭
    Options

We have two AAA Advantage accounts in our family. One is still working fine with Quicken Connect downloads. The other stopped working in the last five days. When I try to reconnect it, I get a uninformative error ("Have you entered your user ID and password correctly?"). (I'm on Quicken for Mac.)

• schwane
    schwane Member ✭✭
    Options

Having the same issue with Sony and NFL cards both through Comenity, using Quicken Mac, and have reported these through the app. I think this needs an Alert.

• Dennis@1
    Dennis@1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 3
    Options

I thought I would try changing my Comenity B&H card password and then try re-connecting the account in Quicken with the new password. I signed in to the Comenity B&H website and went into Manage Account >Edit Password. It would not allow me to change my password. Every new password I entered, it rejected with the message “Your password doesn’t meet the requirements. Please try again.” I must have tried 10-15 times. Every new password I tried clearly met the requirements spelled out in the new password dialog box. There is definitely something wrong with their system.

I called customer service and made them of aware of this password issue as well as the Quicken issue. I think these issues may be related. The rep knew nothing about either issue of course and said she would kick it up to the IT dept.

• Andy Crouch
    Andy Crouch Member ✭✭
    Options

I have no doubt the problem is on Comenity's side. I also have noticed weird two-factor authentication behavior on their site in the past week — including saying there is no mobile phone to send a code to even though there is and has always been a mobile phone registered with the account. They are a bit of a mess technically. Nonetheless, sending the error logs in is good practice, and ideally would nudge the Quicken team to improve their error handling process in this case, since the current response from Quicken is (uncharacteristically) uninformative and unhelpful.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10894154)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• zzz.pane
    zzz.pane Member ✭✭
    Options

After receiving this error for about a week, today I tried entering my credentials again and it worked.

• Dennis@1
    Dennis@1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It worked for me also today.

This discussion has been closed.