Since R55.13 - Can't download Transactions, or click on QDF, or Import QFX file (edit)

Options

Answers

• staynbusy
    staynbusy Member
    Options

Having same problem: Just installed update Vertsion R55.13. Since then :

Now I cannot download any transactions. I get a message that says "Please wait while Windows configures Quicken" followed by a message that says "There are Quicken components currently open, and can not be uninstalled. Please close Quicken, and try uninstalling again." I tried closing Quicken and restarting my Windows 11 system, but this does not help.

• JoeW
    JoeW Member ✭✭
    edited March 13
    Options

Quicken installed an update when I used it this morning, the update took a lot longer than previous updates. Tonight when I try to start Quicken, I get a Windows Installer message, "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" and "Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'Quicken.msi'

All I have is a download of Quicken2018,exe. I am on Windows 10 PRO with the latest Windows updates.

• LorieLouise
    LorieLouise Member
    Options

One Step Update worked for me!

I have the same problem after the update. I cannot download transactions directly from my bank website.

I have also tried some of the fixes in the previous posts that did not work for me either.

Not sure why I thought to try One Step Update and not sure why it worked. I have not tried updating my credit card accounts. I'm just happy to have my bank transactions!

Hope this works for others!

• coastermeg
    coastermeg Member
    edited March 13
    Options

[Removed- Rant/Disruptive]

• kenrus
    kenrus Member
    Options

A workaround is to go to File → File Import → Web Connect (.QFX) File…

Then select the downloaded file

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
  • Kansas_gardner
    Options

I had the same problem with Vanguard and had support watch the process and then they came back and said it was an issue with Vanguard. I then downloaded from Fidelity and had the same issue with Fidelity.

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling quicken, and leaving the unrar'd patch available if windows had to repair quicken, no such luck. The only reason I've been downloading QFX files is that one step update is broken and doesnt download all transactions correctly.

wags Glad to be here!

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13
    Options

After installing 55.13 ran into problems suggeting that install was not completed. Reinstalling patch looked like it was fixed but it then happened again on next launch.

After 2 calls with Support, I learned that the problem stems from launching quicken from a windows file shortcut to my data file, something I have done for decades! They aren't sure why this happens but the solution is to run from the Quicken app instead of from a file shortcut.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• q2the24
    q2the24 Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

I am having the same issue ….

• Craig789
    Craig789 Member ✭✭
    Options

I was able to operate:

in program files (x86)/ Quicken

select qw.exe and run from there. I can update stock prices, I don't have any qfx files to download today, but they worked yesterday. This is not ideal, but it is a work-around. Note- If you back up files, you must run from the program files (x86) each time.

Not ideal, but it may work for you.

• tprusator
    tprusator Member
    Options

I see no status updates from Quicken this morning 3/13/24. All comments are from yesterday, 3/12/24.

Quicken moderator, please give us an update so we will know what to expect.

Thank you,

Terri

• mkenney99
    mkenney99 Member
    Options

Same problem here this morning (3/13), but as listed in earlier comments, manually importing .qfx files from the File → Import menu item worked just fine. I expect we'll get an update to fix the problem sometime (hopefully) soon.

• allen_car
    allen_car Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem when I double click my Quicken Data File no matter if the file is on my local drive or network drive.

There is a work-around. Open Quicken from the Windows Start - App Icon List. Your last file should automatically start to open. I can also use the "File - Open Quicken File " command to open my other Quicken files or select the desire file from the File List at the bottom. The One Step Update works correctly from my Bank and Brokerage Accounts

The problem is with Quicken Calssic Premier Ver. R55.13, Build 27.1.55.13 on a Windows 11 Home computer fully updated

Quicken Ver R54.16 on my laptop still works perfectly, Build 27.1.54.16 , Windows 11 Home fully updated

• allen_car
    allen_car Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem when I double click my Quicken Data File no matter if the file is on my local drive or network drive.

Your work around is the same as what I found to work. Open Quicken from the Windows Start - App Icon List. Your last file should automatically start to open. I can also use the "File - Open Quicken File " command to open my other Quicken files or select the desire file from the File List at the bottom. The One Step Update works correctly from my Bank and Brokerage Accounts.

The problem is with Quicken Classic Premier Ver. R55.13, Build 27.1.55.13 on a Windows 11 Home computer fully updated

Quicken Premier Ver R54.16 on my laptop still works perfectly, Build 27.1.54.16 , Windows 11 Home fully updated

• chasrmack
    chasrmack Member ✭✭
    Options

Allen_car's work around did not work for me. Using Windows Start and the last file produced the same error screen. Any further ideas?

• Bobbyg2024
    Bobbyg2024 Member
    Options

I am having the same issue. It would be nice if someone at quicken would at least send out a response as to when this will be resolved.

• ostap
    ostap Member
    Options

same problem here with Win 10.

• Ozprincess
    Ozprincess Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue here! Quicken - we need a fix ASAP please!

• JWN
    JWN Member
    Options

Same problem - "quicken commands open and cannot be installed". R55.13

• Renee
    Renee Member ✭✭
    edited March 13
    Options

I am seeing this same problem when I attempt to download transactions from Ally Bank. And from BMO Bank.

• streetwolf
    streetwolf Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Here's a workaround that works for me. I use Firefox to go to my bank's website and through Web Express Connect I download my transactions. The error happens because I have set QFX files to open automatically with Quicken. I changed Fx to Save the file instead so Quicken will not open. I then open up Quicken and import the OFX file with none of the problems described.

I suspect, but haven't tried, that if you have OFX files associated with Quicken in Windows and you click on the OFX file you might get the error as Quicken opens it.

• MiKeL0428
    MiKeL0428 Member
    Options

Experience the same issue. Report sent. I'll be watching for update.

• User1811
    User1811 Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Problem report was submitted last night.

• crblegen
    crblegen Member ✭✭
    Options

Similar issue - I get the same messages about Quicken.msi but when I go to Investing / Rebalance Portfolio. I'll report the problem.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Hi All, we have forwarded this issue to our product development team to be looked into. We do not have an ETA for a fix at this time, but please stay tuned for updates. Thanks!

(CTP-9397)

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• kenrose
    kenrose Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem.

• F@@@
    F@@@ Member ✭✭
    Options

I was recently updated to 27.1.55.13. OH BOY!!! Now, when I download financial updates from external sources, I'm prompted to re-install Quicken. Now, I don't pretend to be the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but I think developers should answer 2 questions before deploying an update: (1) Does this update and enhance the product in the way we hope it will; and (2) Does this update break anything that should continue to work for all our customers who pay good money for a working, workable product? It seems that, with 27.1.55.13, the answer to the second question was "Why would we do THAT??" By the way, the boy's name in the second sentence is "%#$@"