How to get started with Sync & Mobile App - then desktop acting weird (edit)

MichaelWeis
MichaelWeis Member ✭✭✭
edited June 29 in Using the Mobile App

I'm sick of carrying a laptop on vacation. So, I purchased a Pixel Tablet

I seem to be able to do everything I can do on my laptop except maybe Quicken.

Is there a way to use my Quicken either through an Android app or accessing Quicken.com via a browser?

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Quicken Windows Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 28

The Quicken Mobile App (Apple & Android) is a companion to the desktop software - you STILL need to have the desktop software.
    A subset of the data can be used on the Mobile App and there is a set of mobile features to review, add, and sync your mobile data.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-view-edit-or-delete-transactions-quicken-mobile-app

and - you can also use your tablet browser to access the Quicken On The Web - again, this is the same subset of data from your desktop software that is made avail to the Mobile App and Quicken Web interface via the Quicken Cloud -

https://www.quicken.com/support/what-quicken-cloud

• MichaelWeis
    MichaelWeis Member ✭✭✭

That sounds like the answer, but the devil is in the details….

How do I set up the Mobile App to mate/sync/connect/know about my laptop app?

• Ps56k2

go into your Quicken desktop software -
    are you on Windows or MAC ?

and click the Mobile & Web menu - to get started

• MichaelWeis
    MichaelWeis Member ✭✭✭

I've sync'd. Windows Deluxe is acting a bit strange, but we'll see how the 2 apps work together.

Quicken Classic Deluxe has been a rock…my most stable and reliable application. Hopefully it stays that way and allows me to travel without my laptop.

• Ps56k2

just make sure you have Quicken backups

Things with the Quicken Cloud can cause errors in the Quicken data file

• MichaelWeis
    MichaelWeis Member ✭✭✭

Thanks for the reminder, but I do backup weekly, at least.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@MichaelWeis For a bit, while you're getting used to QMobile, you might want to consider taking a backup after each Q session. The
    Q Cloud, used by QMobile & QWeb, has been known to do strange things to a Q data file … like changing the Opening Balance in accounts.

To mollify (but not prevent) that issue, it's been recommended multiple times that you go thru each of your banking accounts in Q and note the proper Opening Balance in the memo field of the OB transaction.

That way, if the OB gets changed and you thus run into reconciliation difficulties, you can easily determine if an OB change was the cause and quickly correct OB.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2

BTW - based upon your topic title and orig posting -
    were you not aware of the Quicken Mobile App and the browser feature Quicken On The Web ?

• MichaelWeis
    MichaelWeis Member ✭✭✭

I was aware that it existed but didn't know how it functioned….was it a stand-alone or somehow linked to my laptop account.

Regardless, once I set it up and linked it, weird things started to happen with my laptop version, as some suggested it might. And, as I said, Quicken has been one of the most stable, least troublesome apps I use regularly. As a result, I turned off sync'ing.

• Ps56k2

what kind of weird things on your desktop Quicken ?

This discussion has been closed.