Fidelity/Elan Credit Card Shows Positive Balance

2»

Answers

• Scott Wieder
    Scott Wieder Member ✭✭

Same problem as others. Fidelity Visa are showing a positive balance. The transactions are correct, but the balance is opposite what it should be. Just reported the problem thru Quicken.

• PotOdds
    PotOdds Member ✭✭

Starting getting this error. I am setup with Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Account, Express Web Connect+ connection. Resetting the account didn't help as all it did was add a positive opening balance which I always have to set back to zero. Then trying an updating gives me the CC-601 error.

Quicken,

What is the ETA for a fix?

Does anyone have instructions on how to setup an online account with the Elan connection?

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 4

Quicken rarely provides an ETA for Quicken fixes or adding of features. At best, if it will be included in a future version update they might say that (but not usually even that).

Yes, the Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts setup still is not working. So, I wouldn't waste any time trying to fix it. We just need to wait for Fidelity/Intuit/Quicken to get it fixed.

Instead, use the Elan Financial Services setup. It is working well (except for the occasional dropped cents Online Balance issue….if this happens to you, do not change or reset the connection, but simply run OSU or Update Now again later in the day or the next morning and it will usually self-resolve).

To set up an online account with Elan go to this website: https://www.myaccountaccess.com/enroll/user?appId=trancore&tenantId=ICSELAN&channelId=web#/VerifyEnrollment . (It won't be obvious that this is the Elan website but if you scroll down to the bottom of the page you will see that it is.) You can set up the online account with either the same login you use for Fidelity.com or you can set it up with a unique login.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

Just off the phone with Fidelity. They say to only use Elan for the Visa Rewards in Quicken. I asked why they do not mention that anywhere and the account appears in my Fidelity.com home page and app??? Amazing to get this runaround trying to make the obvious work when it is not obvious.

I explained the CC-601 and dropping cents. They seem to have heard me.

Of to setup Elan. Wish me luck :)

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

Do you folks get a monthly statement for your Visa from Fidelity or Elan? Who do you send your payment to?

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

What a hassle setting up at Elan. If I had known I would have had to deal with someone or something other than Fidelity, I would never have ordered this credit card. I do not need yet another FI. Bummed.

HAH, trying to verify my contact info and got to Tier 2 support. Cannot even VIEW contact infor for 30 days.

Oy….

• PotOdds
    PotOdds Member ✭✭

Thanks Boatnmaniac for your help. Appreciate all the support I've seen you give on this forum.

• Boatnmaniac

You're are very welcome. And thank you for the kind recognition. Hearing something like this from other users, like you, gives me great satisfaction in knowing that others find what I post to be helpful.

• I had this problem too. I went back to my opening transaction, and it showed a payment and balance in the twenty thousands. it should have been zero. I changed it to zero and all my transactions and balances went back to normal.

• mrs121
    mrs121 Member ✭✭

I have the same problem with the positive balance in Quicken for the Fidelity credit card. Please fix this. I've had so much trouble with getting this card and Quicken to work right.

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓

There is a simple solution: Stop downloading this credit card from Fidelity. Instead download it from Elan Financial Services. Elan is the issuer of this card and is the source for the account transactions that Fidelity in turn downloads to Quicken. The data is OK but there is something broken in Fidelity that returns the faulty positive Online Balance. Downloading from Elan bypasses that Fidelity issue. This is what most people have successfully done. You might want to try doing the same thing.

First, if you have not already established an online account with Elan, you will need to do so. You can do that at https://www.myaccountaccess.com/enroll/user?appId=trancore&tenantId=ICSELAN&channelId=web . It is not obvious that this is an Elan webpage but if you scroll down to the bottom of of that page you will see that it does say that there. Some people use the same login for Elan.com that they use with Fidelity.com. Others prefer to use a different, unique login for Elan.com. It is the user's choice as to which to use.

Once your online account with Elan is established:

1. If you have not already done so, enter & save the dollar amount of the Opening Balance transaction into the Memo field. (This is not critical but it is a proactive step that can be very helpful. More on this later.)
    2. Back up your data file.
    3. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate.
    4. Tools > Add Account > type "Elan Financial Services" into the search field > Next > Continue > enter your Elan UserID and PW > Next.
    5. When prompted, make sure to Link the download to the account that already exists in Quicken.
    6. Your account should now be set up for downloads from Elan.
    7. Is the account in balance? If not, check to see if the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount matches what you had previously entered into the Memo field. If it does not match, change the dollar amount to match what is in the Memo field.
    8. If the account still is not in balance: Scroll through the account register looking for duplicate transactions. If you find any, delete one and retain the other. In most cases any duplicate transactions will appear within the last 90 days. Your account should now be in balance.
    9. Does the Online Balance amount include the cents or are the cents missing with only a hole dollar amount shown? The cents being missing from the Online Balance sometimes happens when setting up this Elan download connection. In most cases running OSU 12-24 hrs later will self-resolve this issue. IMPORTANT: Do NOT deactivate the account. Just wait 12-24 hrs and run OSU. Some have said the issue self-resolves with OSU in as little as 6-8 hrs.

I've been downloading from Elan now since early July and it has been working quite well.

• mrs121
    mrs121 Member ✭✭

Thank you Boatnmaniac!!! This worked perfectly! Thank you for the detailed instructions. I really appreciate this!!!!!!!!!!!😊

• WBajwa
    WBajwa Member ✭✭

Unfortunately, as of 8/28/2024, 6:00 PM ET (US), my connection to Elan Financial Service has stopped working. Does anyone else have this issue as well?

• Boatnmaniac

I ran OSU at about 7:00 a.m. today and, again, just now at 9:20 p.m. (CT). Elan downloaded transactions and pending transactions perfectly for me.

What happened when you tried OSU? Did you get an error message or error code? If so, what was it?

When your OSU was not successful, did your try doing Update Now (Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update Now) immediately afterward? That will often work when OSU did not.