One Step Update not displaying downloaded transactions

DRMick
DRMick Member ✭✭✭

Win 11- Q R57.16

I ran OSU to retrieve some transactions from Schwab. It downloaded them but won't show the transactions. They are in my Schwab register. How do I get Q to show these downloaded transactions?

Comments

• DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭

After OSU today 7/11, I still get this message that there are transactions downloaded but None to review. Where do I look in Quicken to see them since they are not flagged or loaded in the drop down area ?

Why is Holding Information upated 7/08? 3 days ago?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @DRMick,

To troubleshoot this issue, please follow these instructions from this article on when Quicken says there are transactions to accept, but there are none visible in the register:

First, turn automatic entry off (or on if you already have it off)

1. Press Ctrl+A on the keyboard to bring up the Account List, then click the Edit button next to the affected account in the list.  
    2. In the Account Details window, click on the Online Services tab then click Automatic entry is
    3. Select No on the next dialog box and click OK. Automatic entry should show as "Off" now. (Or, if it's already off, select "Yes" and click OK to turn Automatic entry on)
    4. Click OK to close the Account Details window, then click Done on the Account List.
    5. Close Quicken, wait a few seconds, then re-open it. The transactions should appear upon re-opening Quicken.

Note: If you have multiple accounts affected by this issue, you can make the change outlined above to all the accounts at once by going to Edit > Preferences, then going to Downloaded transactions and unchecking or checking the box next to Automatically add to banking registers.

Then, check the account register and Online Center

Quicken will show you downloaded transactions in multiple locations. The following information shows you how to check for downloaded transactions in the account register and Online Center.

1. Open the account register and select Downloaded Transactions at the bottom of the register.
      • If there are transactions listed, accept them to the register.
      • If there are not any transactions listed, proceed with the next step.
    2. Choose the Tools menu > Online Center.
    3. Select the appropriate financial institution and account.
    4. Select Transactions.
    • If transactions are listed, click Compare to Register and accept the transactions. Note: Compare to Register will display online payments on the initial screen. After accepting your online payments, click Continue, Next, or Done to see the rest of your downloaded transactions.
    • If no transactions are listed or Compare to Register does not allow you to accept the transactions, proceed to the next section.

Lastly, correct data issues

If the Quicken data file is damaged, you might receive prompts about downloaded transactions when you don't have any downloaded transactions. 

If you know when this issue began, the best solution is to restore a backup created before this issue began.

If you do not have a backup to restore, Quicken has a built-in utility, Validate, that will correct many data issues. Please note this does not correct all issues and these steps should be taken if the other steps outlined did not resolve the problem.

1. Choose the File menu > Copy or Backup File.
    2. Select Create a copy or template, then click Next
    3. Accept all defaults and click Save Copy.
    4. Open the New Copy when prompted.
    5. Choose the File > Validate and Repair File.
    6. Select the new copy created in step 3 and click OK.

Note: Depending on the size of your data file, you may need to wait a while for the validation process to finish. Do not use the Task Manager to close Quicken. Quicken displays an error message if it cannot validate the file. If Quicken is able to validate the file and any errors are found, Quicken displays a message, "Data losses were found in your file." You can view the log file for more information.

When the validation process is complete, you will need to Reactivate your accounts for transaction download in the new file copy.

1. Go to Tools > Add Account.
    2. Select the bank for the deactivated account(s). If prompted, select the connection method.
    3. Enter your credentials and click Connect.
    4. When the list of located accounts appears, choose LINK next to each account you want to reactivate.
    5. Click Next then Done on the last prompt.
    6. After all of your accounts have been Reactivated, complete the Check the account register... section steps above again.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭

Thank you for that advice. The Online center was new to me. My original problem is solved.

• Quicken Kristina

Thank you for the follow-up,

I'm glad to hear the original issue is resolved. Since you specified the original issue is solved, does that indicate you're encountering another issue?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭

Yes. Thank you. I downloaded a CD purchase as a security for one Schwab IRA account properly and it is now listed correctly in the Holdings of that account.

Then in another account at Schwab, a fraction of this CD security appears, but as a mismatch . It is not in Quicken but also is NOT in the Schwab account positions detail or history. I have no clue where it came from or how to fix it.

• Quicken Kristina

Thank you for your reply,

Did you tell it to ignore for now, or did you tell it to create a placeholder? Are you seeing that prompt every time you update, or was it a one time occurrence?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭

I just did another OSU. The ghost security has vanished. All of our Schwab accounts are now in agreement with Quicken holdings according to Reconcile Shares. I think Schwab settled their registers overnight.

Thank you.

• DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭

My problem is not solved. I discovered after OSU or specific account Update, one Schwab account did not download transactions. The account labeled "P-CS-Roth IRA" has not been able to downloaded transactions since 7/09.

I checked this account's register in Schwab and 3 transactions are there since 7/10 that have not been downloaded

In the Update Summary it still shows 3 new transactions download but not to be reviewed

The Online Center tool shows 0 (zero) transactions in that account.

I am wondering if I should Reset this account or disconnect and re-add this account.

• DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭

Today, 7/18, I performed a Reset this account. I am still unable to download transactions.

• DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭

How does Quicken register match transactions to the bank or broker register ? Is there a temporary location to see the match?

• Quicken Kristina

Thank you for your replies,

The issue you describe sounds very similar to the original issue, just with a different account this time. If you haven't done so already, I recommend following the troubleshooting steps from my earlier post in this discussion.

To answer your question about matching, this article provides information on what criteria are used:

1. Downloaded ID, to see if the transaction has been downloaded previously or not. This Downloaded ID is compared to the or in the downloaded data.
    2. Date + Amount + Payee, to see the newly downloaded transaction matches one that was manually entered into the account register prior to the download.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 23

Windows 11, Q R57.26

On 7/19, I was unable to download Transactions from one account. I called support and did a "Share Screen". After many previous steps, the agent walked me through making a copy of that account. He said there was a data integrity issue in that account and it was cleaned out doing the copy. That was the end of that call when that account worked finally.

The next time I did OSU, I found all my other accounts were Deactivated. That took 3 hours to reauthorize download back to normal.

Now Quicken is working again with all accounts, as far as I can tell but I have one false indicator after OSU that I cannot reset.

I am not interested in exporting my accounts to the Cloud. I have verified that Sync is off in Preferences. How do I eliminate this error to get a proper OSU Summary?

• Quicken Kristina

Thank you for the follow-up,

I sent you a DM. To access it, please click the envelope icon near the upper right to view your inbox.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.