Web Connect and Express Web Connect give different transaction dates for same transaction

Arctic Hare
Arctic Hare Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone have experience with getting a different transaction date (not confusing transaction date and posted date) for a given transaction depending on whether one uses Web Connect or Express Web Connect? I just recently discovered that the transaction dates that I download from RBC Royal Bank (Canada) are one day later if I use EWC versus if I use Web Connect. The date downloaded using Web Connect matches the date that I see in RBC online banking, whereas the date I get by downloading using EWC is one day later than what appears in RBC online banking.

Comments

• gd taylor
    gd taylor Quicken Windows Subscription Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    edited July 13

[removed-violation of community guidelines]

• Arctic Hare

While the comment from @gd taylor may have been inconsistent with community guidelines, I do want to record that the comment confirmed that other users are suffering from the problem I described in my original post.

At present, I am not able to use Express Web Connect with any of my bank accounts because there is one or more problems with using EWC with each of the banks. In my view, Quicken's #1 priority should be to provide a reliable and convenient method of downloading transactions. Once upon a time, Express Web Connect worked most of the time. In recent times (years), my experience has been that it is one problem after another, often with more than one problem running in parallel. Web Connect is inconvenient, but it is reliable. Express Web Connect with One Step Update would be convenient if it were reliable, but it is not reliable. We really need an alternative that is convenient and reliable.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

Switching between connection types has always been problematic. There isn't any way to ensure that the data is the same.

Sometimes you are "lucky" and the two are the same, but not always.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Arctic Hare

The salient point, however, is that only the date provided by Wed Connect is correct. Express Web Connect yields an incorrect posting date and that causes complications when performing a reconciliation between the Quicken register and the bank's monthly statement. The posting dates provided by Web Connect match what is provided on the bank's statement. The posting dates provided by Express Web Connect do not match the posting dates on the bank's online banking site nor the bank's monthly statement. The posting date received by Quicken should be the actual posting date. Period.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

In that case that I think it should be reported not as a difference between the two connection types but simply that express web connect is giving the wrong date.

Note that this is most likely financial institution dependent.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.