QFX files not opening

Stu Gauld
Stu Gauld Quicken Canada Subscription Member ✭✭

Last week (and forever), all transactions in a file download appeared at bottom of register and I was able to accept them individually and assign a Category. This week. NOTHING. Two chats with support…FIRST conclusion was that banks were sending empty QFX files. To check this, I opened the QFX file in Excel and confirmed that the file was not empty. Rather, it contained all recent transactions and correct updated balance. SECOND chat lead to suggestion that I Edit Preferences and turn on the option to "Automatically add to banking registers". This worked but I'd like to get back to where I was and be able to review, accept and assign a category for each transaction.

Quicken Canada R56.0 BUILD 27.1.56.9 on Windows 10

Answers

• splasher
    splasher Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tried changing the preference back to its original state to see if the issue returns?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Stu Gauld

Yes, changed back and fourth several times. THIRD chat with support this morning and went through process of Validating Quicken file then Signing out, restarting Quicken & then singing back in. Suggestion is that it is now fixed. Won't know until I have some new transactions to download.

• Stu Gauld

That didn't work at all. Guess I'll have to have a forth chat with Support.

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stu Gauld ,
    do make sure to tell the Support person that you are using the Canadian version of Quicken.
    Download-related bugs get fixed in the US version first, and then, with a long delay, will eventually (I hope) get applied to the Canadian version.

It might help us if you told us the name of the bank you're having download issues with.

Toggling "Automatically add to banking registers" off and on may help releasing stuck downloaded transactions.
    If you haven't done so already, I suggest you create a backup of your data file and then run both a File Validate and Supervalidate and see if that solves the problem.

• Stu Gauld

Replying to UKR. Just as I did at the beginning of the thread, I always include this info when I chat with support:

Quicken Canada R56.0 BUILD 27.1.56.9 on Windows 10

I have told them that it's happening with all banks and other institutions. Two of Canada's BIG FIVE; RBC & BMO as well as my local Credit Union. These all worked perfectly up until Monday, August 12…and had worked as I said, FOREVER. My Quicken file is set to automatically backup every time I close the program and do a manual backup to my cloud account every fifth time. I have toggled the feature off and on but nothing has changed.

I do not know about Supervalidate. Please explain. Thanks

• Stu Gauld

Prof Google explained Supervalidate. Doing it right now.

This discussion has been closed.